GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, as the thread says which is better?

i have been offered a f-con or f-con pro for around £300 and a power fc for £430 but what is best to get as i really really really cant make up nmy mind on what one to go for!

my car is a r33 gtst s2 with turbo back s/s, air filter, fmic,grade 7 sparks, hks evc5 boost controller. i may add a couple of other bits soon, i want 400hp for now and then in two years time from now my end goal is 500 to 600 hp with hopefully a rb30

can i use any of these ecu's without having it mapped first? as i dont want to have it mapped then add something else and need it mapped again and so on! but i also want my engine running perfect and not runnig too rich or lean from what i have already done?

both f-cons have been mapped for stage 1 gtst's already, not sure if i can run the mapped f-con's on my set up tho?

i dont feel i would like to map the power fc on the controller my self tho as i'll prolly add too much or little fuel or timming and blow up the engine:nervous:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but do you need to buy extra sensors and stuff to use the anti lag and launch control on the fcon? if so i bet it costs alot to add them!?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
wouldnt touch it Tooooooooooooooooooo cheap !!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what the f-con pro? the f-con pro is £350 used

what is better tho a f-con witha navigator or a pfc with hand controller?

can i map the f-con pro now and cheaply have the map adjusted to suit any mods i may add?

and is there a button on the f-con pro to swap between maps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts