GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my R34 Vspec 2 Nur i had a Hks F-con V pro fitted it has a wiring loom with a loop back interface so i could easily unplug this Wonderful device, it was mapped for sea level and The car was running nicely when i collected it at the docs at Sea Level let me drive her back home and any slow driving just wasnt possible she burbled and spluttered along only when the boost kicked in was she driveable any ideas, How can i remap this Piggy back and what could be the reasons for the problems, Confirming that the Air Flow Sensors were disconnected hence MAF wasnt sending back a air density reading back to the ecu so im sure she was overfueling because of the less or lack of oxygen in thinner air above Sea level, please any advice or help would be appreciated baring in mind that i dont have a dyno, nor do we have any one in africa so far that can map a HKS F-CON V Pro Piggy back.
Thanks guys keep up the great work.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
AFAIK you'll have to map the V-PRO. And this can only be done by HKS Pro Writer dealers.

Out of curiosity whereabouts in Africa are you?

3,665 Posts
Where are you in Africa? There is a HKS F-con dealer just outside Joburg in S.A if thats any help. We @ Abbey have mapped a few cars at the higher altitude in SA without any problems.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Where was the car mapped? Be careful not to push it on a Japanese map. You do need to get the Pro HKS mapper to remap for your local fuel RON, or you could be looking at a blown engine, as so many others have experienced.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Map sensors and other sensors

Ok im still a little new to this game the sensor i had connected to the HKs unit has three wires that run from the right hand side of the engine through the dash under to where the HKS Fcon used to sit i presume thats the map sensor for monitoring boost pressure ? Any ways i drove the car for abit when i noticed the no power and stuttering in coming from sea level so i disconnected the ecu and replaced the MAF sensors on the intakes and put the original ecu back all is running well now only speed is governed to 190 Kph
I think a holiday to south africa will be a good idea considering i just came from there i have managed to locate the dealer that can map the ecu for me.

But get this when i was driving back from sea level to higher altitudes at Jo Burg the car started stuttering and giving problems with out boost so i drove her easy but my Fuel consupmtion went down i was using about 6 Kms to a litre when i replaced the Ecu and used original Nissan Ecu with Airflo sensors MAFS i got great response and good fuel economy 11 Kms to a litre at 120kms per hour .
Im sure the mapping is just the Fuel air mixture being too rich and hence i would not have damaged anything am i right ??

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure on Version

How can i tell which version i have though and why might you ask please tell me you have the software for it ?

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blue sticker confirmed behind the Panel

Ive just checked the Hks Fcon Behind the Panel where the telephone Jacks are and i have a Cirlcular Sticker that is blue.
Hope to hear from you soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts