GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I want to update my HKS F-CON Silver (old version) with a PRO Gold 3.0 ECU.

Can i reuse my current harness and MAP sensor or will i need a new one?

I read that it can store 4 differnet maps.Can i make a map switch only with HKS power writer software?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Map switching can be done via the DIP switches, but maps need to be there to start with, i.e. Power Writer is needed. Not sure about harness question, sorry.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I have a V pro gold 2.1 and was told that there was one harness that fitted all the versions. ( obviously it has to be for the right car)

To remap the car you not only need to find an approved HKS mapper but need to know the old mappers password if the maps are locked ( which they nearly always are) if you want to tweak an existing map.
You can rewrite the maps but will lose any existing without the password.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fcon V Pro and old Fcon V Silver all use the same wiring harness but why would you want to use a V Pro Gold v3.0? This unit cannot be re-programmed outside of Japan as English software was never available for it. Only version 3.1 and higher can be re-mapped by a European HKS Power Writer Dealer because English Power Writer software was only made available to Europe about 7 years ago when the 3.1 was the current V Pro gold for that time.
Speak to Abbey Motorpsort for more info.

·
Registered
150 Posts
not completely true nattcharles...
i know of someone who has been tuning much older versions of the Vpro for about 10years now, recently saw him remap a ver.2.1 on a gt4.
saying that though, he had the software etc straight from japan when he became an authorised hks dealer back in 90's, he was given a laptop to tune them with, but nearly everything on it was in japanese

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You can get the software and cables and even password monitors from YAJ.

Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó
Just out of interest do you know anyone that has bought one of those kits of YAJ? It seems to work out at £100 delivered and tbh would be worth it for me if I could access my F-CON pro, just for data logging and diagnosing issues etc.

Like at the moment i've got a few minor issues and if I could read the ecu it would make things so much easier! I've even considered going back to Power FC just because they are accessible!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Just out of interest do you know anyone that has bought one of those kits of YAJ? It seems to work out at £100 delivered and tbh would be worth it for me if I could access my F-CON pro, just for data logging and diagnosing issues etc.

Like at the moment i've got a few minor issues and if I could read the ecu it would make things so much easier! I've even considered going back to Power FC just because they are accessible!
i never ordered this kind of kit but i'd love one... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,772 Posts
just got asked by a Forum member to obtain one from the auctions

and have done :)

its winging its way to our offices as we speak

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
once you received it please can you PM me ? :bowdown1:
I'm the one who has ordered it through matty, along with alot of other parts! :rolleyes:
I can post results if it works but it might take a month or 2 because i don't have access to my car atm. Or well, it's 600km away from here...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Well I might also get one if I don't scrap the fcon for something a bit more useable!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
All of the programes are in Japanese as suspected, haven't had the chance to try it out yet!
It's supposed to be able to open locked maps so that's the main reason that i got it.

There is still an auction out which include ver 3,1 and 3,24 in english but i'm unsure if it's able to break into locked maps and the price was 28,000 yen i believe.

·
Registered
434 Posts
All of the programes are in Japanese as suspected, haven't had the chance to try it out yet!
It's supposed to be able to open locked maps so that's the main reason that i got it.

There is still an auction out which include ver 3,1 and 3,24 in english but i'm unsure if it's able to break into locked maps and the price was 28,000 yen i believe.
do you think you'll be able to use it in japanese? :confused: yours isn't an English version?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
do you think you'll be able to use it in japanese? :confused: yours isn't an English version?
I wont be mapping it no, but some features aren't that hard to understand.
As i've been told some maps can be password protected and i got this so i could get around that and remove the password which will save me alot of remapping costs.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'd be very interested to see if you can get this working. I think mine is the 3.24 version. Would be better in English :)

I take it that the software doesn't need a dongle?

Keep us posted :)

3,666 Posts
The only way to turn the password off without the orginal password is to delete the locked loaded map, you load a new map over the locked map.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts