GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just got a used hks oil filter relocation kit with an arc grill oil cooler but not sure which way round the pipes need to go, the outlets on remote filter block say C in and C out (assuming this means cooler and shouldnt matter which way round they go) and E in and E out which im not sure about, would the centre pipe from the engine block (where i unscrewed oil filter from) go to the in or out on the remote block ? (i assume its also thermostatic as i can see a spring inside the remote block) any ideas ? also can i leave my original greddy sandwich plate where it is and stick the hks bit on top of it ? (just so i can leave my gauge sensors where they are and out of the way) thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Oil always flows INTO the OUTSIDE of a canister filter from the oil pump, through the outside of the pleated element and enters the engine oil gallery FROM the central hole of the filter can. Using that you should be able to work out the routing, it's critical as the flow over the wax thermostat module depends on the correct ports being used.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

i believe thats the answer i was looking for,
so just to be 100% sure lol,
C in and out can go either way to the cooler ? yes
and E - IN goes to the side connector on the engine block part of the kit and E - OUT goes back into the centre of the block plate (return to engine) yes ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.