GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
what is the latency on those injectors (in milliseconds)?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Question from a not very technical person.
If I put these 700cc injectors on (I have standard 440's at the moment) and without making any other alterations, would it help the performance ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose, I just thought it would be better to sell as a whole.

£200 for the rail on its own
£300 for the injectors

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I am quite new to changing injectors so how do you know which injectors are best for the level of tune you are going for?

I am going for HKS GTSS turbo's or greddy twin 16's or similar, would 700's be too big for me or is it best to get slightly bigger than what you need or will you get rough running if they are to big?

Sorry to hijack your thread but i could be very interested.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
as long as your ECU knows it's running 700cc injectors (as well as the latency time), you can run whatever turbo setup you want. Injectors are variable, they're not 100% all the time. So I'd say it's smart to go with injectors you'll grow into, rather than the perfect fit now, and then have to replace those later on.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
So are these the right size injectors for a 11mm rail?
I thought the stock rail is a 10.5mm fit?
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've been told that Sards will fit into a stock rail, with a bit of vaseline or something on the ends - I've got those exact injectors on order and I have a stock rail - nothing I've heard or read indicates that the Sards won't fit. Might cause some cussing to get them in, but they're supposed to fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
With GTSS and 1.3 to 1.4 bar boost. You should be running your 700cc sard injector at 80% which is ideal. I ran 600 Nismo and it's nearly maxed out.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
ok...

An R32 GTR with stock engine, tomei cams, big front mount, rebuilt steel internalled R34GTR turbos running 1.2 bar....what size fuel rail and injectors would you say is right ?

Are these too big or unnecessary ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These will be just fine for between 500 and 700hp.

With that spec you need to run them maxed out and if you modify further then at least you don't need to buy more injectors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts