GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks David ( I am assuming that is your name, pardon me if i am incorrect).
I will check SAU.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
Can the 2530's be rebuilt ? I've got a set here, but the bearings are making a noise so I swapped them for '5's

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Can the 2530's be rebuilt ? I've got a set here, but the bearings are making a noise so I swapped them for '5's
Sort of, they dont rebuild as such, them they just replace the entire chra which is around £500 each turbo iirc

The hks chras may not be available anymore, maybe a stock garret one would work.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sort of, they dont rebuild as such, them they just replace the entire chra which is around £500 each turbo iirc

The hks chras may not be available anymore, maybe a stock garret one would work.
GBP500 to rebuild? I think maybe can get a good condition used for that price in japan?
I have seen some going for JPY80000 each.. they looked decent from the photos..
The problem is we can never be sure how good the condition will be..

·
Registered
502 Posts
Don't beat yourself up over a GT2530 just get a new spec -5 they are great turbos!
Hahahah... i am waiting to replace my engine, so i am still considering my options..
How do I tell the difference between the new -5s and the older -5s?
Nope. HKS made the 2530 kits in single turbo SR20,RB20/25 versions in addition to the twin RB26 version - all different exhaust housings/downpipe flanges.
Thanks for the information AlexJ!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,189 Posts

I bought mine as refurbished units.

TBH I'd happily swap them for the latest -9s but the cost of pulling them off and remapping etc means it's a waste of time.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Hahahah... i am waiting to replace my engine, so i am still considering my options..
How do I tell the difference between the new -5s and the older -5s?

Thanks for the information AlexJ!

836026 prefix for part number

·
Registered
497 Posts
Need one with the response of a GTSS (-9), but with a little bit more top end.
Thats exactly what I'd want, would like slightly more top end but not at the expense of the response of GT-SS.

Surely by now there is the technology to create this.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thats exactly what I'd want, would like slightly more top end but not at the expense of the response of GT-SS.

Surely by now there is the technology to create this.
I'm sure there is. But its in the form of a single. Companys don't bother with these little twins anymore.... apart from the said HKS, which are old tech.

Do the GT-SS offer this over the -7s?

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
You would have to go the bespoke route. New spec -5 are an improvement and seem to spool up a few hundred rpm earlier. Add to that a agressive profile billet wheel and improve that further.

·
Registered
502 Posts
FRRACER,

i was doing some more looking, and it seems that garrett's newer turbos has the GTX prefix.
Is there a GTX model that is similar to the GT2860RS?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm sure there is. But its in the form of a single. Companys don't bother with these little twins anymore.... apart from the said HKS, which are old tech.
Unfortunately I can't see a single coming on as smoothly as my GT-SS, which means I'd be more likely to break traction in my 260Z.

Might give a small single a go in a year or two if I get bored, and try and to control the power curve with some clever ECU settings.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts