GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right my R33 GTS-T, is running a hks gt2535 turbo, has huge list of mods, apexi power fc + hand command, hks electronic valve controller, massive fuel pump, bigger injectors, forged pistons, steel rods, its currently running [email protected] turn on the hks electronic valve controller n it runs [email protected], just wondering if i can squeeze more power out of that turbo and wot kinda levels of boost it should run at

·
Registered
300 Posts
thought the max rated power for 1 of these turbos is 320bhp would be supprised if your getting over 400bhp on that turbo. I personally wouldnt try to get more power out of that turbo unless you convert to twin turbo's or get a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shit if thats so then my cars been mapped to run 100 horses over its limit, not good!!

is there any tell tale signs that can say wot turbo it exactly is?

strange 1 this coz there's not a problem with it boosting or holdin boost and there's no smoke either?

cheers tho lads

·
Registered
434 Posts
shit if thats so then my cars been mapped to run 100 horses over its limit, not good!!

is there any tell tale signs that can say wot turbo it exactly is?

strange 1 this coz there's not a problem with it boosting or holdin boost and there's no smoke either?

cheers tho lads

doesnt work that way fella... i think you might be confused with the GT2835 which would run in that power range.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well im goin by the dyno receipts ive got with the turbo clearly stated as hks gt2535, was told that with all the right components its possible to push a turbo above its stated limits.

on my series2 rs turbo standard turbos arent meant to go anywere near 200bhp but mine was dyno'd at 220bhp?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a 2535 fitted with PowerFC. Was mapped at 401bhp ATF, but we kept getting high knock levels towards the top of the rev range.

Supposedly the exhaust housing is too small and cant get rid of the air quick enough.

So we have toned it down to 375bhp atf to keep knock levels down.

It IS on its limit @ 400bhp atf.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mines got a kakimoto exhaust system was already on the car and all i no its huge under there and the downpipe has been uprated and the size of it is stupid

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
There's a GTR in this month's Japanese Performance Car with 2 GT2530s machined into 2535 housings. It's a 2.8 block and the owner is claiming 700bhp. Looks damn nice. My $0.02.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts