GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are very strong rumours circulating in N.Z that the HKS GTR will be coming to New Zealand on the 17th of February to take on Reese and the HTL
GTR at Lakeside International Dragway in Taupo.

HKS also ran recently in Thailand running a 8.1

If so this is going to be awesome :squintdan

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
GDS/Mag and Turbo R32 GTR could well be running 7s by then as well (Glenn Sucklings car)... has already done an 8.08 with the old T51R and C16, so with the new twin TD06-25G + Methanol setup it might be capable of even more great things :)

Imagine 3 AWD Skylines running 7s at the same meet, and an EVO or two nipping at the heels of them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has now been confirmed that the HKS GTR willbe coming to N.Z to take on Reese McGregor in the Heat Treatments GTR will be on the 17th February at the Import Allstars meet at Lakeside International Dragway
:flame: :flame: :flame: [/CENTER​
]​

·
Registered
56 Posts
Luck for me its only a quick swim across the pacific ocean and ill be there!!!!
How cool my first trip to new zealand and its for watching a gtr drag race. Is there any thing else i should check out while i am in NZ?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Woohoo. I bet HKS will not enter that challenge without being well prepared.
I´d love to have a look at their developing site at what they are improving on the GT-R now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
News in Andre Simon from Speedtech has been asked by HKS to have the HKS GTR in his shop and then be Piloting it at the Race meet in february.
Thats a huge acheivement for Andre Simon

For those who don't know who Andre is ,He is the engine tuner for the Heat Treatments Skyline (7.57) and owner of a 8.23 1\4 mile Evo 3

Well Done Andre

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Errrrr What planet have you been on ,Andre Simon has been there Engine Tuner all year and helped them acheive there record time .

This maybe a UK GTR site but alot of the members are international and has alot of international content . Also thinking that if HKS were bringing ther GTR over would of thought Driver Mr Kawasaki would be coming over as well.

Just it would thought it would been of interest that Andre being part of the Heat Treatments Team is now batting fro the HKS Team .

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Errrrr What planet have you been on ,Andre Simon has been there Engine Tuner all year and helped them acheive there record time .

This maybe a UK GTR site but alot of the members are international and has alot of international content . Also thinking that if HKS were bringing ther GTR over would of thought Driver Mr Kawasaki would be coming over as well.

Just it would thought it would been of interest that Andre being part of the Heat Treatments Team is now batting fro the HKS Team .
Mike used to tune it on C16, though at some point after they went to Methanol Andre took over.

Re: Andre driving and looking after the HKS car - I think some people jumped the gun in spreading that story, I think it'd be best to wait until there is an official announcement on that - obvious Andre being on both HKS and Heat Treatments camps could be a sensitive subject haha.

I think this site is definitely a good place to have this posted as there are probably people around the world that would be interested in hearing about the two fastest GTRs in the world being at the same place racing - its the first time the HKS GTR would have ever had anything in the opposite lane worthy of sharing a strip with it.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
mandhdrijfhout , so what you are saying is that over the last 5 or 6 years that Reese has run his car it was tuned solely by Turbo Vehicles, Mike Healy, which probably also explains the "tuned by turbo vehicles" signage etc: but recently Andre has taken over, in actual fact less than 1 year.
Thanks, I didnt know that.

I've been on planet earth recently, studying reading and comprehension.
Did you realise there is a thread called "meetings and events / rest of world"
Or were you too busy being a total ass ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry did'nt mean to sound like an ass.
Just thought as there have been alot people following the progress of Reeses car in the last year .
There has been alot of info posted on his car/driver/tuner ect and thought it would of been common knowledge by now if you had been following the progress of Reese's R32 GTR.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts