GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm 99% close into closing a deal w/ a R32 that has HKS GTSS turbos among other things (intake/exhaust) and wanted to find out if 1 bar would be safe on 91 octane? How much BHP would I likely get? Shud I have it tuned or drop in the Nismo chip into the ECU? The shops aren't too keen about soldering a chip into the ECU in this town (MAnila)!

P.S.

I owned a R35 but sold it as there was zero dealer support and got worried about the tranny. I now have an Evo X aside from this planned R32 purchase.

·
R35 Section manager
11,263 Posts
Has the car been mapped to run standard octane fuel?
The car with the right mods on Gtss turbos would easily be good for 530-550bhp.
Without knowing the full spec of the car its hard to guess bhp now-sounds close to a stage one, so say 380-400bhp at a guess.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Is there anyone with a rolling road you could get to check the fueling and ignition?

Standard ECU with GTSS and 91 octane fuel sounds dangerous (is that 91 octane US? i.e. higher than RON?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anyone with a rolling road you could get to check the fueling and ignition?

Standard ECU with GTSS and 91 octane fuel sounds dangerous (is that 91 octane US? i.e. higher than RON?)
Yes it's US 92 octane(equivalent).

Yes there's a dynojet I'm bringing the car to tom. I'm having the Nismo chip installed and will see what sort of fuel map it'll have.

I also intend to get a US$550 piggy back so my tuner can reflash. He just mentioned it to me over the phone. it's Aussie I think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has the car been mapped to run standard octane fuel?
The car with the right mods on Gtss turbos would easily be good for 530-550bhp.
Without knowing the full spec of the car its hard to guess bhp now-sounds close to a stage one, so say 380-400bhp at a guess.
I test drove it and my butt dyno feels like it was near 300 bhp. But then again I couldn't try a 3rd gear pull and felt the gearing was a bit 'long' hence the feeling that it was weaker than expected.

Another tuner I just spoke to suggested I use a PFC and with 1.2bar I should be able to get near 500 to 550 bhp mark.:D

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
You'd need bigger injectors and fuel pump etc. to get over 400/450 ish, but with the right mods GTSSs will do 560 ish (flywheel) at about 1.4 bar; great turbos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts