GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i currently have a full titanium exhaust (unknown make) which is just too loud when the engine is idling. But it does sounds sweet when giving it the beans :p , i was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with these HKS silent systems? I've looked on Youtube and have found a couple of vids of the sound when idling but cant find any when the car is driving at 'higher speeds'. Do they sound any good? (car is a R34 GTR btw)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi i currently have a full titanium exhaust (unknown make) which is just too loud when the engine is idling. But it does sounds sweet when giving it the beans :p , i was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with these HKS silent systems? I've looked on Youtube and have found a couple of vids of the sound when idling but cant find any when the car is driving at 'higher speeds'. Do they sound any good? (car is a R34 GTR btw)
I HAVE ONE ON MY R33 GTR it sound good and is no were neer as loud as my old exhaust .so say my neabours ....
its quiet when idle ing and still loud when it needs to be .

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have HKS Hi Silent Power, and it is the best exhaust which I ever had.
It is not too loud, on low and mid revs, louder on hi revs. If you use your car not only at the weekend for the fan, but for daily use also, Hi Silent Power it is the best choice.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have the Silent Hi Power as well, and I love it.
The idle can be a little loud sometimes, but quieter than other exhausts. Driving is nice, it has a deep, mellow tone, and growls when revved.
Here are some videos of my Silent HiPower:
YouTube - BNR32 Skyline GTR with HKS Silent HiPower muffler v.3
YouTube - BNR32 Skyline GTR with HKS Silent HiPower muffler v.2
YouTube - BNR32 Skyline GTR with HKS Silent HiPower muffler

Racing at Suzuka
YouTube - Racing down the front straight at Suzuka Circuit :: GSS Suzuka Jamboree April 29, 2009
YouTube - Racing on the front straight at Suzuka Circuit :: GSS Suzuka Jamboree April 29, 2009

Those should give you an idea what it sounds like in various distances and situations.
We sell this exhaust as well, check here for more info:
TunerLab.jp - HKS, Nismo, Tomei, Blitz, Sard & more! - Muffler - HKS Silent Hi-Power Muffler

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The idle can be a little loud sometimes, but quieter than other exhausts. Driving is nice, it has a deep, mellow tone, and growls when revved.

Racing at Suzuka
YouTube - Racing down the front straight at Suzuka Circuit :: GSS Suzuka Jamboree April 29, 2009
YouTube - Racing on the front straight at Suzuka Circuit :: GSS Suzuka Jamboree April 29, 2009

Those should give you an idea what it sounds like in various distances and situations.
TunerLab.jp - HKS, Nismo, Tomei, Blitz, Sard & more! - Muffler - HKS Silent Hi-Power Muffler
Thanks for that , cool vids by the way :thumbsup: sounds pretty good from what i can hear. Should be less of a headache from what i'm used to :chuckle: , but i've already ordered one. I'll have a look through what else you have on offer as i think i'm getting the 'moddifying bug' again :D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Racing at Suzuka

Hi , you have a PM

·
Registered
25,659 Posts
HKS silent is too quiet for my liking

GTRCOOK has one on his 34, and i can never tell if its on lol..when he parks it on my drive

drop me a pm if you want to get shot of the TI system depending on what it is i could be interested as im looking at the Amuse system at the moment

:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Hi,

As Matty said i have one and its very quiet on idle. Screams when going above 5K though!

If you want a civilised exhaust then its definately worth considering.

·
Registered
25,659 Posts
hey GTRCOOK

what power gain would you get over the standard exhaust with that system

what down pipes you got on it

thanks
anything over stock would be an improvement

its a nice looking system , if you want something quiet then its the one to go for

il bring my camera later and snap some pics of lee's when we are out :nervous:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
darkfire_uk,

Not sure on the power gain over standard, depends what else has been done, but its definately an improvement. Performance wise it is no different to my old Apexi which was stupidly loud.

I am running a Trust down pipe as well.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I used to have a Silent Hi-Power on my old car and I ended up cutting the centre silencer out of it 'cos I found it too quiet ;)

I have a Blitz Nür Spec on my new car and it's too bloody loud. Sounds gorgeous though :D

No happy medium, lol. I'd be happy if I could find an exhaust that flows as well as the Blitz and is somewhere between the two noise-wise. My neighbours hate me at 5.30am when I leave for work...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wish i had one,ive got a japspeed on and its stupidly loud. Its got louder and louder as ive modded,bet the neighbours hate me at 5.30 am....

·
Registered
736 Posts
i also run the HKS hi-power system (non silent version) and much like daryl sound.. i love it.

again quiet on idle and low rev but on mid to high range it literraly screams!! such a wonderful exhaust.. mine is the catback entire system... 3.5" with one resonator. + de-cat,

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HKS silent is too quiet for my liking

GTRCOOK has one on his 34, and i can never tell if its on lol..when he parks it on my drive

drop me a pm if you want to get shot of the TI system depending on what it is i could be interested as im looking at the Amuse system at the moment

Hi Matty, i think i will keep the TI system incase one day i decide to take to Santa Pod ;) thanks for the interest though.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts