GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Can somebody tell me what's the difference between the HKS Racing Suction kit Reloaded and the HKS Racing Chamber kit and which pipes both kits content???

Does the Suction kit only conetnt of the air filters and the pipes leading into the turbos (as this would be a bit pricey) or does it also content the pipes leading out of the turbos and the Y - pipe (so it would be similar to the Greddy intake kit for almost the same price)???

Anybody fitted one of those kits on a BNR 32???

Cheers

Leo

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply!

Already used the search function, but haven't found any detailed info and pics alone without specification don't help much.

Have also seen the kits on Nengun and Newera but there's no information of which parts these kits contain.

Just to compare it's € 500.- for the Chamber kit where you say it contains of everything and € 650.- for the Suction kit that you say it only contains filter and and pipes to turbo inlet??? Think that's a bit obvious.

That's why I was asking if perhaps somebody has any detailed informations on these kits, or has just insatlled one of these kits and can tell me what you get for your money.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
in that case i may sell my hks hard pipe kit that i currently have and go for this one so i can still use my apexi filters.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
sorry my bad, i have a half hard pipe induction side kit. the older style hks hard pipe kit without the intercooler hoses....if that makes sense

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Already found out which parts you get with the HKS Racing Suction kit Reloaded as RHD Japan had a lot of pictures on their site.

Product Image list

Have to say that it's not much for the price you have to pay...

But still havent found any details on the Racing chamber kit, so please to everyone who's built in this kit in his GTR, tell me some details on what you get with this kit.

Does anybody know why it's only offered for R33 and R34??

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Already found out which parts you get with the HKS Racing Suction kit Reloaded as RHD Japan had a lot of pictures on their site.

Product Image list

Have to say that it's not much for the price you have to pay...

But still havent found any details on the Racing chamber kit, so please to everyone who's built in this kit in his GTR, tell me some details on what you get with this kit.

Does anybody know why it's only offered for R33 and R34??
33/34 is a different kit to 32, can be adapted, but it is by no means plug and play.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hi Leo

The HKS hardpipe kit for a R33 will go on an R32, but you will have to re-locate a lot of stuff.
So if you can get the kit for the R32, it is a lot easier.
To fit the R33 kit to the R32 you will have to re-locate....

power steering reservoir
carbon cannister
washer tank (to boot)

here's a pic.....

to answer your other questions you pm'd me

no, you dont get all the pipework, its 2 kits(I think you have realised this now)
and yes, I would go d-jetro if I had my time over again
this will save money and be a better set up without afms

this is my personal opinion, others will disagree(on d-jetro)
as you will find on here, there is a lot of bickering
which is good sometimes, but usually ends in puffing out ones chest :D:D:D

good luck with your motor Leo :popcorn:

·
721 Posts
I'm have a few issues it would seem with the hardpiping....

at first it was that ps resevoir issue for the rear turbo pipe but moving it will solve that...

then just after ages of wondering why the flange on the front turbo was the wrong way round, found the culprit to be an extention with some hard to get at bolts.

new problem seems to be that the suplied pipe from the intercooler to the plenum is way to short? (at a push even with the silicone pipes barely on the alu pipe itself) (it seems to be about an inch shorter than the stock rubber pipe)

I'm wondering if there are any major differences in the intercooler piping between the R32 and R33/R34 kit, that would make for this difference in size of pipe, and does the R32 need a longer pipe coming off the intercooler

·
721 Posts
Still in pieces in a box in my apartment, :chairshot
Just haven't had time, and i've needed the car running.

but last time i was trying to sort it out..
The intake side goes on fine, with the extention removed of the front turbo there's no problems getting the y-pipe down to the turbos replaced,

filter to rear turbo still needs the PAS reservoir moved, but that's not a big issue since those pipes go in fine.

the only remaining problem was with the shorter than stock pipe to the plenum? so far no solutions

yup i have the intercooler piping since its full kit.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Hmm, I have the hard pipes (HKS) to the plenum & from the twin turbo pipe I bought second hand for my R33.
Both these pipes are too long, maybe they are R32 fitment? I bought the set of 4 pipes & the intercooler ones fitted OK.
Maybe we could do a swap here ;)
Phil

·
721 Posts
hmmm... the offer is tempting, but i don't think it would work if you only have the kit that has 4 pipes (intercooler pipes only, keeps stock twin turbo pipe)

the kit i have is the full kit, which replaces the twin turbo pipe, so the only pipes we'd be able to swap are the two pipes that go from the intercooler to the plenum.

the twin turbo pipe down to the intercooler is made up by the Y pipe and one of the larger diameter pipes, the otherside to the plenum is made up of two of the large diameter pipes....

any chance you could please measure the length of the pipe that connects to the plenum?

would be interesting to know if there was a difference in length on that pipe between the R32 + R33

1 - 20 of 27 Posts