GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a second hand refresh hks kansai roll cage and want to know if any one got any fitting instructions? or any tips or measurements i might need?

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Take out the rear seat to make things easier. Pull the carpet back.

You can unbolt the cage tubes from each to ease getting it into the car. Main hoop in first - might need to remove a seat if it won't go easily. Get a helper to hold the main hoop in place whilst you bolt the rear legs back on. Remove the sound deadening where the cage mounts fit.

Move it till it fits about right then bolt in the seat belt upper mount plates to hold it all in the right location. You can either drill through the holes in the floor plates or mark one, move the cage and drill it accurately. Do one hole on each main hoop leg and stick a bolt through each to secure it. Then you can drill the other holes. Same procedure for all the other mounts whilst keeping each drilled mount bolted. That way they all fit together nicely.

Use some black silicone around the bolts and mounts to keep the water out.
The extra plates go on the outside to spread the load. Silicone these too around the bolts and the plate edges.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Im with him.
c

·
Registered
378 Posts
rico2k_uk said:
make sure you have got reinforcement plates as well. they go under the car where you bolt them on. dont have measurements, etc tho mate sorry.

I'm sure the reinforcement plates go inside the car and have to be welded in, this is to ensure the cage doesn't punch it's way through the shell in the event of a roll. I may be wrong though?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
"I'm sure the reinforcement plates go inside the car and have to be welded in, this is to ensure the cage doesn't punch it's way through the shell in the event of a roll. I may be wrong though?"

That is definitely the case with FIA/RAC motorsports cages but not the case with the Kansai cage. They are designed to go on the outside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts