GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent opened the packaging so its sealed...heres what it looks like (taken from the web), also its very thick carpet

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep 30% taxes on top of the posted Japanese price, which would work out closer to £230...im open to a reasonable offer but i paid more for it than what I have posted it for

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Yep 30% taxes on top of the posted Japanese price, which would work out closer to £230...im open to a reasonable offer but i paid more for it than what I have posted it for
It's not 30% anymore just VAT, so £144, delivery if I buy more items would also spread the cost I would go to £160 delivered or I'll just add one to the next order I place from rhdjapan

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not 30% anymore just VAT, so £144, delivery if I buy more items would also spread the cost I would go to £160 delivered or I'll just add one to the next order I place from rhdjapan
Dobt know where you've got that theres no longer import duty is added, I just bought from Japan Project Mu pads and it was 30%, nonetheless, thanks for the offer but I won't let it go for that

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Dobt know where you've got that theres no longer import duty is added, I just bought from Japan Project Mu pads and it was 30%, nonetheless, thanks for the offer but I won't let it go for that
Search the forum I wrote a thread on it (in the general section), it's part of a new EU trade deal with Japan which is inforce from I believe January, see the thread it confirms the detail

·
Registered
2,662 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered recently from RHDJapan and got hit with the usual 20% VAT and 10% Duty...that was in March

·
Registered
25,437 Posts
Just to be 100% clear

you will still need to add anywhere from 25-30% duties on any part (S)sent from japan

I have stuff arriving daily for my project 32 and it’s always around 30%

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Just to be 100% clear

you will still need to add anywhere from 25-30% duties on any part (S)sent from japan

I have stuff arriving daily for my project 32 and it’s always around 30%
Respect your opinion Matty but its very clear there is no duty on parts other than vat from Japan, if your being charged it your courier is not aware of the deal. See the EU trade deal linked
I have also had 4 packets of bits charged at 20% via Japan vs US which attracts import duty

Are you sure that you are not getting to 30% cost u because of 20% plus processing fee on a small package?

·
Registered
25,437 Posts
all im saying is EMS/ DHL/ FED Ex are still charging what they always have done.

to ship that boot carpet is alot from japan, its heavy.

its a very nice item (i have the GTR magazine one in mine) and the topsecret one in the 35 and 34. its just heavy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts