GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not the first time I've seen times listed lower than the 7.67 as previously stated .
The more I've followed this car the more I suspect the the times its done

In Aussie it managed a couple of 7.8 runs and on a better track
and then its stated that was a new record in 2002
on there website HKS THAILAND CO.,LTD. - RECENT POWER page 3

And on the Same site PowerDay4 - hksthailand.com == HKS (Thailand) Dot Com Driving Performance
http://www.sony.com.au/objects/other/HKS_7sec.wmv

No doubt its a quick car but have never seen any footage of record breaking runs or timeslips in saying that though it has always been the bar for what other 4wd drag cars record want to beat

What times did it run in U.S and U.K when it was there ?
Just recently in Thailand it did a 8.1

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly no, their Drag entry number in the magazine checks with the number on the car, and in the second image I posted of the DPS, tells of the 180sx times on the left page, where that car compeated against RWD GTRs, who run 6secs as did this 180SX.

·
6,821 Posts
Actually the footage is/was availble on VHS in Japan . . have seen it a few times-SUPER DRAG BATTLE 1998-99 lying in a shop (HKS GTR and Bee-Racing Drag-R front cover). . . never looked at the back of the tape closer as I wasn't interested in Drag cars.

Will do some searches tonight.:)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Its b0llocks, if it were indeed a true time, then surely HKS would have been shouting the odds when Heat Treatments claimed the record..

Plus, there would be footage too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Or maybe back then they weren't so sceptical...?

See if 'gtrlux' can come up with the video. Or maybe Andy Barnes could help clear things up as i'm sure he has good contacts over at HKS Japan?

Rishi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts