GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought a pair of the above.

Just wondering if there's a link to an English site or whether anyone on here can tell me what the exact contents of the package should be?

Looks to me like a couple of bolts are missing and there are also some metal brackets that I can't see will be needed?

Also a link to fitting instructions would be handy although I know it's a straight-forward job I'd still like to have a reference.

Cheers peeps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi. I would of thought you would get 2 BOV's, 2 of the adapter plates that join onto the BOV's by using the big circlip and then bolt onto the original metal housing, 2 big circlips, 4 bolts, 2 gaskets, then the vac lines. I've not actually bought the kit so I'm not sure, but I can't think of anything else. The BOV's and adapter plates might already be assembled though. Here's a link to some pics of somebody fitting them onto a r32 if it helps GTR BOV Installation

Cheers

Rob.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's helpful cheers Rob.

If anyone else would still like to contribute that'd be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
perhaps post a pic of what you've got and i'll tell you whats missong

mook

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See pic below (I do have both BOV's but not shown in pic);

Also mook did you find yours hard to fit? Did you have to remove the front bumper to get access?

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
can't see what might be missing, youve got your bung, just remove the old valves, bolt on the new valves (using the bolts from the facotry ones), bung the pipe, hook up the vac hoses.

you can do it without removing the bumper, but you'll still have to take off the front splitter, remove the wheel and arch liner and all becomes clear ;)

mook

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Thought I'd have 2 vac hoses and 4 bolts? I have 2 bolts and 1 vac hose. Is this correct?

And those plastic gromet things, I can't remember back to when I fit the SSQV to my GTST, do they do near the BOV or the other end of the vac hose?

Also mook, if you're at a loose end at the weekend and have a load of tools lying around.... :p

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
Ditto ;)

i'm free later today, or all day tommorw if you wanna meet up. im only in chingford

mook

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
what is the performance sacrifice by going to SSQVs? VTA doesn't make sense to me unless you're running huge amounts of boost, but the sound is truly cool. But how much do you have to give up when tossing the recirculating valves and going with VTA blow off valves?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what is the performance sacrifice by going to SSQVs? VTA doesn't make sense to me unless you're running huge amounts of boost, but the sound is truly cool. But how much do you have to give up when tossing the recirculating valves and going with VTA blow off valves?
Well, it's true that VTA's can and often do cause idle and stalling problems on cars that usually have re-circs as I found out from fitting one to my GTST. I wouldn't have bothered this time if I hadn't gone out in another members GTR recently and heard his SSQV's tweeting away, it just sold them to me. Totally un-necessary but they came up at a good price and I'm sad like that.

Anyhow, I'm running about 1.4bar and am looking to crank that up to possibly 1.6bar when the new clutch is in so maybe I will see some benefit. At the point the new clutch goes in the car will be getting re-mapped so hopefully any idle/stalling issues that have arisen can be eradicated or reduced considerably then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts