GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to install hks step 2 cams that are 272/10.2mm on both sides. I am also geting the recommended hks step 2 valve springs. Now from the info shown on the hks website, it says that thats all you need to do. Is this true? Any other recommended measure I should take?

thanks all for your non stop help.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
you need to modifiy the area where the cam lob sweeps with that lift?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
See i keep getting people telling me oposing things. a few say that just the springs need changing some say you need a full port and polish. i just need some definate info. From what I read, the gtr head will accept upto 10.5mm clearance and HKS agree when I emailed them. They also say to do just a quick clean of the head and install the cams and springs.

·
Registered
465 Posts
At what point do you need upgraded lifters and retainers?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I had to clearnce my rb26 head to fit my 264 9.7 cams, so I can tell you from experince, not guessing, you'll need to clearnce the head for a 10.x lift cam.....
Not neccessarily, the HKS 10.2 may have a smaller base circle than your 9.7's, so they might fit without clearancing.

Easy to see when you install them anyway (have your windy grinder ready, lol).

Port and polish does make sense to make better use of the extra breathing capability, but not essential.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts