GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everbody
Looks like my IT skills no good when it comes to fitting Dumpvalves on cars!!!

I bought this from Japan

Pipe is same pipe on my car **between intercooler and intake manifold** but where do I connect all them pipes came with the valve(the hoses you are seeing on this picture) and how to remove original one-recurcilating-

Basiclly question is How the heck I install this ??
I know some RB25DET owners already done this but how??
Kind REgards:smokin:

·
Registered
720 Posts
A few things a miss here.

Take of the small vacuum hoses from the dump valve and use the existing one from the factory fitted unit, you won't need the 'T' piece either. Also block up the barb on the side of the plenum entry pipe (part the dump valve is mounted on) as this is a secondary feed on a 'pop type wastegate' which you won't be using. Your also going to need to weld in an extra barb about 30 mm to take the 'idle' pipe which is essential.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jrpidgeon said:
. Also block up the barb on the side of the plenum entry pipe (part the dump valve is mounted on) as this is a secondary feed on a 'pop type wastegate' which you won't be using. .
When I checked my car I have the same black bent pipe runs between intercooler to monifold and also I have this barb the one you said to be blocked !!

How come I need to get it welded more bits this pipe and bov designed for RB25DET unfortunately it didnt come with any instructions!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Now that you have pointed it out, I can see which pipe this replaces; unusual design that I've not seen before. When I first looked at the pipe I thought it was from a high mount turbine kit, which sometimes requires the pipe from the plenum to be bent round to avoid the top mounted turbo.

In which case your going to need to block off your factory fitted dumpvalve by making up a face plate to go over the flange. Your need to bung the air dump pipe aswell, which leads back to the airfilter side of the turbo. Connect the small pipe on top the dumpvalve (vacuum pipe) back to the pipe you just removed from the factory dumpvalve, do away with the 'T' piece as I said before, I'm guesing the owner before was maybe running a boost gauge from this.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okey

I think to me it is making a bit sense now!
I was reading is this dump valve 2 piston type
one works with vacuum another one for idle!!!???

Black bit on the valve connects to vacuum pipe(on the side of valve) and the one on top connects where?

thanks for help

·
Registered
720 Posts
Confused me now you've said that..............??

My opinion is that the pipe on the top of the dump valve is vacuum, which should connect to the plenum side of the throttle body. The other input on the side of the dump valve I'd assume to be nothing other then positive pressure, in other words should connect to the turbo side of the throttle body, maybe this uses the 'T' and connects to the barb on the dump valve mounting pipe, the other outlet from the 'T' would then goto the Boost control soleniod located next to the power steering tank.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here I go

Thin pipe for the vacuum which connects to side of bov(black bit)
The pipe coming out from top connects to turbo side which is pressured side. To close the valve when idling!!!

After all is this right?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes thats the way that makes sense.

Black inlet (vacuum) to the existing factory dump valve pipe, and the pipe on the top (with the metal clip on it) to the barb on the dump valve mounting pipe in conjuction with the 'T' piece also leading off to the boost control solenoid.

Sorted:D

Hope it works!!!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right connections

Today I had the time to put the bov all the information I gathered over the time they were all wrong!!!!

2 pipes coming out from hks dump valve both of them connects to the vacuum couse it has got 2 pistons inside the valve
When I finished fitting it it coused turbo to stall!!! well no good

When I feed both pipes from vacuum, valve worked ok but I think its sort of set to the really high preassure(the car it came out-rb25det- was running quiet a bit high boost)

Will there be any problem by putting the standard valve back in its place as well!!!(at the mo I took it out and put face plate over the hall also I blosked the circulating hose)

Kind REgards
:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts