GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shah

I recently decided to break my 800bhp R33 GTR. It has a HKS T51R turbo kit on it. Paul at JDM Garage is selling the parts for me. If your interested, give him a call 01409 231 887. There are still some parts such as Hypertune Inlet and Throttle Body, R35 Brake Conversion Kit for sale.
Cheers Val

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
I think there was only 50 signature T62Rs made and there was quite a waiting list, I remember it took a while to get mine back in 2009. Second hand prices would almost likely be the same as new prices so have you not considered a more modern turbo as an alternative?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Matt,

I didn't realise it was such a limited batch - thanks for the heads up. Does the T62 have the same sound at the Kai/SPL?

I have the Kai now, and I know i'm sacrificing a lot because I like how the Turbo sounds on spool, there are so many newer turbos with better tech, but for me, the sound of the Turbo is the one thing that puts a grin on my face ear to ear when driving my GTR.

Thanks,
Shah

·
Registered
926 Posts
Shah,

there is a 'mod' you can do to the precision range to give that T51 sound, maybe this is the answer you are looking for, new tech with 'old' sound?? A lot of the supra guys are doing it, i will see if i can dig up the thread but maybe worth a quick google?

Kind Regards

James

·
Registered
774 Posts
i have to say the T51 is the best sounding turbo! wish my car had that turbo! good luck with the search! hard to come by they are just too good to sell! lol

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Cash waiting...

Thanks
Shah

Hi Shah

We have a GT42 Turbo with billet wheel it's a full turbo kit with 6'boost manifold big 60mm waste gate and 4-inch down pipe and oil and water lines in excellent condition give us a call if this is of any interest to you:thumbsup:.

Regards MGT

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it possible to machine the Kai housing to take an SPL billet wheel?
When I had my turbo rebuilt I asked about this, so they uprated the internals with BB (instead of Journal) result was quicker spool, and same "godly" noise.

I've seen a T51 SPL kit for sale but it's $10k dollars that's roughly £7k...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts