GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some specs on the HKS TA45S turbo that I am runing. It seems that it is around the same technology as the T04R, but no longer made. It seems it fit between a T04S and a T04R. Specs Below:

Trim: 65
Compressor: .72 A/R
Turbine: .90 A/R

Not sure if that is enough info to tell about a turbo. But I am just wondering how well this turbo should work base on those specs? I know it is NO WHERE near the newer GT series. Just wondering how effective it is as an old technology. Anyone have any idea on surge, or boost limit before it start to make heat instead of boost, etc?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I seen Pikey's T04R, but it need to be properly map as the boost threshold on it right now is a bit unrealistic.

I found loads of info for T04R, but nothing on the TA45S.

The TA45S is smaller than a T04R, rated about 50bhp less then it. But then it is bigger than a T04S. Also seems to have a very large compressor but a small wheel.

I guess it is going to be one of those case where you stick it on a dyno and tune it, and will see the result later.

:flame: :flame: :flame:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.