GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Do you have low trans pressure then?
Whats reasoning behind the sump? If your making an oil cooler kit and it has a -8 takeoff thats a good idea.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil pressure and temps all very good but always on the look out for cost effective marginal gains. I have several inline coolers and ARC cooling fins ready to fit. This item looks like a straight copy of the HKS drag sump for less than half the money. Like the point about the additional take off. Is the OEM sump pan filter reusable or does it need changing by 36000? My transmission fluid was changed and valve body cleaned at 23000 in March 2018 (LP64 HKM).

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't believe the filters were changed. I have the Dodson reusable line filter and the small valve body filters for next time the transmission is opened. I also have the T1 trans and diff brace.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Trans has to come out to fit the brace, the pan filter is quite expensive Id see if one can be had from the USA, Its only a screen filter, the thing can be opened up and the screen cleaned then reassembled in about half hour, valve body filters are pointless changing as they are designed to be cleaned but if you have them then change, theres the same filters in the pump which if you drop trans you can remove and clean as per valve body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts