GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one tell me what is the best lowering spring to get for my r33 gt-r v-spec thinking about the hks but what about the rest??????????????:confused:

·
Registered
336 Posts
HKS

I'd use HKS. They're a really nice company and they produce lovely products that really work and look cool and are ready off the shelf.

Gazmo

P.S. Did i mention they pay my wages too ??

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
To be honest, with springs I think they're all about the same (although don't quote me).

I've got a set of Trust DowMax springs and they are very nice, just the right amount of lowering.

·
Registered
336 Posts
HKS !!!

Am i thread hi-jacking ?

Cheap marketing. Bloody Stella.

Gaz.

Is it only me that finds me funny ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Tein HA's. SImply loverly. Been in two 200s with these and theyre great - unlike the HKS Hiper (sorry Gaz, how you doin matey ;) ) which made my back ache for a day after spendin 2 hours in the passenger seat!!!!!! Ouch, I can still remember it...:(

·
Registered
336 Posts
Matt !!

Thought you'd disappeared off the face of the earth. where have you been hiding then ??

Gaz.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The One & Only.

Trust Dow-Max,they work hard on my car 635BHP & guess what,Guys got them too,655BHP.

Tim at SVS has them in stock.

Gary has Nismo before anyone asks..........beat you to it mate!

Henry.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Re: Matt !!

Gazmo1 said:
Thought you'd disappeared off the face of the earth. where have you been hiding then ??

Gaz.
Been in hospital recovering from the pain those damn Hiper Dampers put me thro mate.....

LOL - Ive been saving mate and working to pay for bits on the car. Watch this space.....

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Nismo

I've had Nismo ones put on my R33. Lowers the car about 2.5" and makes it a bit stiffer. Nismo come in two options - Hard and Bloody Hard. Don't go for the "Bloody Hard" ones or you'll have no teeth.

John

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well I have Nismo too...which will even up the stakes a bit in the 600+ club....
Well it would if I had 600+....
Only 9bhp to go when I looked in January...
So I WILL be there next time!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Pegleg,I`ll lend you 9 BHP if you buy breakfast Saturday morning.:D

Henry;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
TEIN Mediums

Just had the car lowered with the above, with good results, the car has become more user friendly in once sense.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Henry,
I can still stretch to a breakfast even though you and Mark were out last night drag racing my car, doing four wheel drifts at 140mph, doing handbrake turns and did sideswipe your gatepost after you had both had a skinfull down the dog and duck.
Question really is do I still need the 9bhp or will I cope anyway?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Peglegs Car

Ged,

It's OK, Mark gave me your car to run in.

I'd never dumped the clutch at 9,000rpm in reverse before - what a laugh that is.........! Its just a shame that the bodykit wasn't up to the off-roading we did in it.

Guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts