GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do HKS make turbochargers for the R34 GTR???
if so could anyone tell me what they are called and where i can find them on the net?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
2540's

Is there a big difference between 2530's and 2540's???
What power can 2540's take???

Luke (whose found a 32 downunder with 2540's on)

P.S. Cheers Paul:)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Copied from SDU:

quote:
Originally posted by adam
whats so bad about 2540s?

Do you have 2540's ?

Have you ever driven a car with 2530's and then with 2540's ? I have.

The problem with the 2540's is explained well in last months Sport Compact Car under performance dictionary. I will try and get a copy of it put up somewhere.

What it boils down to is the compressor wheel is too large for the turbine/exhaust wheel. What this does is make the turbo much more inefficient.

Or in other words it spools up 1500 rpms later and makes no more power at the top.

You have less useable power. The same peak power as the 30's - which are good - but less useable power as they spool up later...

Talk to turbo engineers. Everyone teaches the 2540 as a classic example of what not to do with a turbo.

With the 2530's - 2540's on the dyno . Our car made almost exactly the same power.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Luke,

You're used to a big single, so don't worry about the lag. You're more than welcome to have go in mine at the next meet, so long as it isn't raining and there are no trees in the vicinity:D

Talat.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yup - Sean Morris has got it in for the 2540's even though tuners such as Top Secret, Auto Select etc use them. Never driven anything with 2530's so I can't compare. Boost comes in fairly late but when I get my rebuild done I'll see what cams are in there. From what I understand Ged used 272 on inlet and exhaust with his 2540's and his boost came in earlier than mine.

At the end of the day, the power is there so I ain't gonna complain.

Talat.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
R32

Luke....

You looking into that one... Fingers crossed.. it sounded very nice with alot of thought gone into the upgrades....

Best O Luck :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Talat said:
Yup - Sean Morris has got it in for the 2540's even though tuners such as Top Secret, Auto Select etc use them. Never driven anything with 2530's so I can't compare. Boost comes in fairly late but when I get my rebuild done I'll see what cams are in there. From what I understand Ged used 272 on inlet and exhaust with his 2540's and his boost came in earlier than mine.

At the end of the day, the power is there so I ain't gonna complain.

Talat.
Ah yes, Sean Morris..........

I am a frequent passenger in an R32GTR with 2540R's on it. It has rather large cams and a bit of headwork done. Boost comes in at about 5psi at 3000rpm, and by about 5000-5500rpm, she is near 25+psi, depending on what he runs...... anything from 22psi to 35psi, and it is only used on the street.
http://nzupi.co.nz/_detail/_ourcars/raym.htm
Lets just say, I haven't been in many cars that do 100-200km/h quicker than 0-100km/h, and this does it easy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts