GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask if any one knows if a pair of turbo's from an S14/15 would fit straight on to an R33 GTR. I may have a chance to get a a pair of these but wanted to ask people who know a lot more than I do if they would fit. Thanks

MidNite :cool:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just wanted to ask if any one knows if a pair of turbo's from an S14/15 would fit straight on to an R33 GTR. I may have a chance to get a a pair of these but wanted to ask people who know a lot more than I do if they would fit. Thanks

No Mate, they won't S14/15 have different flange pattern (3 bolt not 2) - only used as upgrade fro 300zx (Z32)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply DAN00H, I am now looking at the Garrett 2860 R7's as an upgrade for my standard tubbies.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Seeing how the title is appropriate for what i want to ask, no meaning ot hijack the thread but i want to know the Garrett Turbos counterparts from HKS. In other words, which Garrett turbocharger is the equivalent to these HKS turbochargers.

GT2510, GT2530, GT2840, GT3037, GT3240, GT3540 & T04R/Z. I have a general idea looking at the site but want to make sure. TurboByGarrett.com - Turbochargers Reason being although based on Garrett turbochargers, HKS's are much more expensive so just want to see the cheaper & equally reliable alternatives. Still love HKS to death but just want to see.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you look at the trim and A/R figures for the compressor and turbine housings on the respective HKS and Garrett sites you can see that there are some 'near misses' that look very similar. Furthermore certain Garrett turbos show in their specs that they are the same as the stock GT-R ones, the N1 tubines or GT-SS.

There always seem to be little differences between the respective HKS and Garrett versions of the 'same' turbos though. See here for example:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/62931-compressor-maps.html

·
Registered
72 Posts

From what I understand, you can change the flanges, so the S15 ball bearing turbo can fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
GT2510, GT2530, GT2840, GT3037, GT3240, GT3540 & T04R/Z. I have a general idea looking at the site but want to make sure. TurboByGarrett.com - Turbochargers Reason being although based on Garrett turbochargers, HKS's are much more expensive so just want to see the cheaper & equally reliable alternatives. Still love HKS to death but just want to see.
try ATP TURBO - The Premiere Provider of Turbocharging Components you should find the equivelants on there mate at a nice cheaper price:)

Vic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts