GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all !!!!! just been out to road test my GTR33 v-spec after fitting a hks twin plate clutch n flywheel. Im not happy with the clutch makes a bit of a clonking noise when taking up drive and the bite points rite at the top which ive been told is normal???? the clonking wasnt there b4!!!!! and im sure ive read somewhere on this forum that you have to change the lenghth of the slave cylinder to clutch arm pin??? Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it by the correct length pin cheers lads n lasses:sadwavey:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
HKS twins are noisy. Fitting the Nissan Micra thrust bearing is a good idea.

If you have the wrong thrust bearing fitted, IT WILL PREMATURLY WEAR THE CRANK THRUST BEARING and it will give a crappy pedal feel.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I had a HKS Tripple Plate Clutch, the Bite point was right at the top of the pedal, this for me was un aceptable ( as I have long legs) I took the clutch out and sold it. that solved the problem.
My curent 34 has a HKS twin, this bites quite high but not a bad as the tripple.

I looked at all sorts of ways of changing the biteing pont, theres not a lot you can do

Nigel

·
Registered
40 Posts
The bite point can be adjusted through 1)bleeding the pedal (if not done properly) and 2) adjusting it with the pedal adjustments on the master cylinder arm that connects to the pedal. I used a carrier from a R32 gts-t in my old car with the Os Giken twin plate, the HKS clutches might be taller though.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
A longer actuator pin, in the clutch release cylinder, will do the job a treat. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
many thanks lads got a few to choose from there but i think jason o hit the nail on the head!!!! spoke to sumo today regarding problem and hks do there own slave cylinder to clutch arm rod which is longer so ive ordered one of them and i'll give that a whirl !!! thanks again lads n if anyone else has any thorts please post them up:clap:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Nissan Micra Thrust Bearing??

Not heard of this part being used before with twin plate clutches.

Why is this used?

Is it identical to OEM Nissan Skyline Thrust Bearing?

What year/model/engine Micra would the thrust bearing need to be off?

Is this thrust bearing compatible with all clutch configurations?
i.e. On a Push R32GTR / On a Pull R33GTR, On a HKS Triple, on an ORC Twin?

Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts