GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used one of these ? would you recommend it as being worth the money?
I'm thinking of buying one but not sure if there will be a benefit from one of these.
G.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I've heard that it's a bit of a trade off.
The spark is better quality but your spark-plugs have a shorter life-span.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
What benefit would you expect to get by fitting it to your car? Have you an ignition problem? Reckon the money would be best spent elsewhere unless you need it to sort a problem out.....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Twin Power

I have one fitted in my car.

As to the difference it made ,I was unable to tell a for it was fitted whilst it had been remapped but I guess it help to take it from 450bhp to 500 bhp a little.

However , having a bigger and better spark must help in burning the fuel/air mixtuer a little better thus giving slightly more power and more torque . As to going through sparkplugs more ,I guess it proabably would , but hey as long as we get more power .. :D

You know what they say ,' every little bit helps !' but I guess it would depend on the state of tune of one's car. eg. If you don't ,for arguments sake , have an induction kit ,it would be better/more cost effective to buy that instead of the twin power !

If you do get one consider getting the wiring loom also ,for it looks much tidier !

My 2p's worth .

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
The ignition amplifier comes into play when you start cranking the boost up high and, consequently, get a very dense intake charge. Although I have to admit that I haven't seen a lot of GT-R's with an aftermarket ignition system in place. Maybe the factory one is better than usual.

Cya O!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although I have to admit that I haven't seen a lot of GT-R's with an aftermarket ignition system in place.
Think that answers the question.............Don't think i'll bother with it..

Thanx for your thoughts guys..
G.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I have one

and its the bollox, it made the engine feel much better, worth every penny, its all about using different mods in the correct combination to make use of them to the max.

HKS make lots of products that dont work, thats why they have the fastest drag car in Japan, they dont know what they are doing:p

It works.

:) :smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts