GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i'm trying to find some more details on the HKS v cam.
does anyone knows it is just in-let cam or both cams?
thank you very much

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u know when you buy the cam or the kit. does it comes with both cams, or just the in take cam?

3,666 Posts
We have fitted 7 system I think , very very good system. Give me a ring I can help discuss what system would bebest and show you dyno plots of car's fitted with the V cam set up.

I can do a good deal as well ;-)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well would it be possible to have one of those dyno graphs so we can have a look at the difference it´ll make to the setup and curves? Just to get a rough idea.

Also are we talking the HKS variable cam system here that HKS uses on their demo R34 GTR? The one that has been compared to the Mine´s R34 GTR?

I´d like to know what price range we´re talking about for that system if you don´t mind sharing this info.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Search for threads on my (ex) GTR, several comparison graphs et al.

Absolutely stunning piece of kit.
Do you have a link? The search function has given up... :chairshot

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Thanks jae, but that's just the remap, and the other thread I looked at seemed to be missing a couple of graphs. I was wondering about the torque differences at various rpms with and without the V-Cam...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
For the price of them just build an Rb30 then have more power everywhere.
You misunderstand the purpose of the V-Cam system. It's not the power, it's the driveability. Unfortunately, you cannot understand if you have not made the transition from a non V-Cam setup to a balanced V-Cam setup.

However, the RB30 V-Cam is very fine. :D Your imagination is correct. No, not me. Someone else on here.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
You misunderstand the purpose of the V-Cam system. It's not the power, it's the driveability. Unfortunately, you cannot understand if you have not made the transition from a non V-Cam setup to a balanced V-Cam setup.

However, the RB30 V-Cam is very fine. :D Your imagination is correct. No, not me. Someone else on here.
Having never driven a GTR with a V-Cam....But I would have thought the "Driveability" on it would be a similar effect to having an extra 400cc....? The torque increase from a std RB26 to a V-Cam'ed 26 or RB30 would make the same effect?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
It's for a 2.8 here, for the track. If it goes according to plan there should be more pulling power coming out of the corners, down where there is some turbo lag.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts