GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the middle of a build on my 90 gtr and am thinking about using the 2835 turbos from hks, they are rated for about 800 hp in twin set up,
my bottom end is more then capable and the fuel system is ready for anything, i am just wondering if any one has used these turbos on there cars?
would like to know at what rpm i can expect to see boost in first gear?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got a mate with these turbo's - there are so many variants but he has the smallest twin high mount version with twin HKS external w/gates.

Well over 700whp at only 1.7 bar, but wont make that boost until 6000rpm. Doesnt matter too much on his engine as its built to handle 9000rpm.

I wouldnt touch them on a 2600cc GTR - prob work nice on 3 litre?? Even on a 2800 i'd say they'd be pretty dead until 5500rpm but some of the other lads who have them on stroker engines could prob set the record straight :)

Fantastic top end.

I've seen alot of GTR's in Japan using "GT2835's" in the low mount position with internal wastegates but obviously these are yet another version of the 2835.

I'd choose a T51R Kai BB, same HP potential as the 2835's but less lag and less clutter.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Gary from GT-art uses them, T.j uses them

btw. I got a Gt2835 kit for sale if u want..
Good luck!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Gary from Gt-art uses them on customer cars and his own car. He will know.

btw. I got a gt2835kit for sale if u want..

good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don,t really want to go with a single turbo just becuase the car was factory twin turbo and i think it looks a little cleaner with low mount turbos, so maybe a set of 2540's would be a better set up then?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
28-35 turbos

I just love this configuration,
I have supplied a link to show my dyno graph at the wheels
and as a reference compared to a standard GTR33 at the wheels,
This is on Texaco super unleaded petrol both cars and am rather pleased,

http://i10.tinypic.com/40bjvpx.jpg

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
I'll sure Gary will let you know how my R32 runs with 2835R's on a 2.6. I'm looking forward to finding it out also...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks gary that was good to see, that is pretty impressive, i like that, i am not looking to build a daily driver, i think i am going to go that route

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
No problems with running twin 2835Rs in a daily driver. You can make some big numbers on pump gas and have it very reliable if you build it right from the outset. Expect to see all the action from 5,500rpm onwards with a very conservative tune on a 2.8ltr. You might get power a little earlier if you get aggressive with the ignition timing and run very hi octane fuel.

gary - Nice graph. Looks like the engine is well sorted on that combination.

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the graph

A little later on that day, I upped the finish speed on the dyno and made 811 at the wheels, the thing is positivly dangerous.
I will post the race fuel graph when I have mapped that as am expecting another 100.
The turbos are 6 years old now,
The motor is a 2.7 LTR.

I have some more plans for next year and I now have a sequentual gearbox which is fantastic allthough rather noisey but I want to see what difference it makes.

Thanks for the nice replys

·
Registered
269 Posts
fantastic numbers gary! What would be the difference with race fuel? more boost that wil make the expecting other 100?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts