GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had some work done on my GT-R 33 V-spec a few weeks back and one of the items fitted was a De-cat pipe.. Since having the De-cat pipe fitted I had noticed a slight rattle coming from the inside of the exhaust at around 2000rpm, I thought it may have been a loose baffle. Driving it the otherday I put my foot down and heard a pop, then what sounded like a large stone getting flicked up under the wheel arch, then my car became very noisey, like the exhaust was blowing.. I thought it had spat a baffle out..:p :p

After closer inspection I have noticed that on the de-cat pipe there are two stubs, one of them has what looks like a lambda/oxygen sensor plugged into it and the other one err….. has nothing! Just a hole like the neck of a wine bottle… I’m not sure if there was or needs to be a sensor in there too but there isn’t now.. :rolleyes: :bawling:

Should this stub having a blanking nut or some kind of sensor in it? It is the stub in the middle of the de-cat pipe.

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
450 Posts
My decat from Abbey has two bosses on it, one for the temperature sensor as you mention and the other has a large blanking bung in it. This port is used for mapping purpose by a tuner I believe. Sounds like the bung has worked loose fallen out and caught your back wheel. Think you just need a new bung, would imagine Abbey will help you out. Would help if you knew the thread detail.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, it was an Abbey De-cat pipe. So thank god it was just a bung and not a sensor that had worked it's way loose and smashed itself to bit on the ground.. I'll sorce a bung and hope that the thread hasn't been damaged..

Or I could use a wind cork:rolleyes:

:clap: :clap:

3,665 Posts
Ring **** in Stores on 01883 732331 Ext 3 tell him Mark said to ring him , give him your address and he will send you a Plug F.O.C. in the post. We cany except e-mails at the moment as BT are trying to sort out a I.P iregularity that we seem to have...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted.... Thanks ****/Mark... It's on it's way. I have been getting some very odd looks when driving it about as it sounds like an old spitfire running on 6.. :runaway:

·
Registered
113 Posts
decat

how much does the abbey decat pipe cost for a 32gtr and whats the diameter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts