GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Funny thing happened the other night at Southend . By the time I got up threre to meet Shaun (GTS man) I was running very low on petrol .Met up with Shaun who then proceded to guide me to the nearest petrol station .We eventually found one selling Super after the fourth attempt !

Now me being an impatient type and not bothering to wait for the right side of the pump to become available, decided to fill up on the wrong side as it was ,GRAVE mistake !

After egressing from the car as nonchalantly as possible,due to volume of 'cruisers ' admiring the car ,I proceeded to start filling her up with Super !After what seemed an enternity the said operation was finished . Upon trying to withdraw the nozzle from hole 'Hello it's stuck ':D .Not good news .I calmly called Shaun and his mate for help .They got out of the car and started to try and pull the nozzle out .

We were trying for about 10 minutes but to no avail.I now started to panic and had visions of hacksaws cutting fuel pipes,etc..By now it was midnight and in my blind panic I decided to call Gary (GT-Art) for some advice thinking he'd still be awake fixing cars :D ,but the poor bloke was in bed .Anyway after waking him up and telling him of my predicament and waiting for him to stop laughing he told me to keep tugging it for if it went in it'll come out .LOL. Cheers Gary !

By now I had called the AA and was told the'd be there within the hour .Sod that.We started to have a go and eventually,after shoving a Leatherman blade in ,managed to get the bloody nozzle out.

So chaps moto of story me thinks is 'Do not stick nozzle in too deep '.:D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Paul,
I`ve done the same thing before,the nozzle if put in upside down goes in but its a bugger to pull out and I`m still laughing at you waking up Gary:D

Henry:D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waking up Gary

I feel quite bad about that actually Henry ,but I think he saw the funny side of it ! Besides he'll probably add it on to my next bill for 'After hours' advice .:D Sorry Gary !

I actually did not put the nozzle upside down in ,but just too deep !:D I guess the ridges on the nozzles got caught on the restrictor in the fuel pipe !

·
Registered
694 Posts
Getting it stuck !

Now you all know what happened on Saturday night !

I must admit, I thought that Paul was winding me up when he said the nozzle was stuck ! When I got out to lend a hand and realised it was true, it was a case of 'oh s*** ! what are we going to do now ?' in a big way. I mean, picture it, an R34 right in the middle of this petrol station, just been filled up with a tank full of super and now stuck with the fuel hose sitting on the rear spoiler and the nozzle stuck in the filler for about 45 minutes while we were scratching our heads as to how to get the bloody thing out !! Quite dangerous really when you think about it !

Still, it all turned out okay with the trusty leatherman blade coming in handy to prise it out, then we proceded out on our merry way, and, eventually, laughing quite a lot about what had just happened !.

Oh yes, not forgetting about pulling the crowds when we returned back down to the front but that's a different story ! :D

We do have fun whilst out in our Skylines don't we !!

Shaun.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
fuel nozzle

:D That is nearly as funny as someone taking his hicas computer off and wondering why the handling is suspect. Poor Gary. Lucky he was not on the job....working on his car i mean:D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well it just goes to show...
You only get out what you put in
Mind there is a Garage forecourt video I would like to see....
Paul on film being nonchalant for 45 minutes.
It would be worth seeing.

Well done Paul.
Nice one
Paul the King of Kool:D

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Paul will be on the next 'World Funniest Fourcourt Videos Ever'. :p

Compared by some annoying yank.

You know that video will turn up one day to haunt you.:eek:

Thats a classic story, I can only imagine the panic and embarrassment.:(

Hope you can laugh about it now Paul.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You're not the only one

Paul,

Maybe you can show this lady how to use your Leatherman tool.

Paul.

PS Now you have an R34 are you going ahead with a serious sound system?

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
LMAO ! ! !

This has to be one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time, knowing Southend (and Paul and Shaun) the mental picture is very funny. Wish I had been there.

Andy
:D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts