GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
they have on nasscars a hole on the top left of the boot a hole with a bloke with a bottle
but the fuels being put in by some other guy on the side of the car ,
what this about then
i was told it more fuel to fill it to the brim!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
2 holes

One fills fuel, and the other is to extract fumes.

The GT skyline has both holes next to each other as can be seen in the pic. Dont know about the NASCAR, and I believe in F1 the fumes come up the outside of the hose, with the fuel running in the middle.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Its amazing and amusing how many people think those holes in the boot are the exhaust :D :p

Our SAAB racer used a Nascar style filler when it was used in 24hrs races back in 1992 ... One guy mans the "Vent" bottle, the other is the "filler" .. without the Vent bottle you'd get a huge airlock in the tank and lots of glugging and spluttering of fuel out of the spout at the Filler end :D

Lee is spot on with his answer basically :D F1 has an outer core (coaxial hose if you like) that draws away the fumes, only the center part of the filler supplies the fuel. At an alarming rate too...

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
dan0h said:

Lee is spot on with his answer basically :D F1 has an outer core (coaxial hose if you like) that draws away the fumes, only the center part of the filler supplies the fuel. At an alarming rate too...
they need to put a hose like that on the Optimax pump at my local shell... takes blooming ages to fill my lil beastie... :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dino.......sorry I don't know the details of the brakes, all I know is they are made by Stop Tech, the front rotors are 15 inches in diameter, the rear rotors are 14 inches in diameter.

They look hugh though, those are 19" wheels and the brake fill up the whole wheel :eek:

Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts