GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

although this is my first post on this forum, I've been reading it for quite some time.

I have been very interested in the Skyline for a number of years and try to read/find as much information about it as I can. I came across the Holinger gearbox some time ago. I have noticed that some members of the Register had one of these transmissions fitted to their car.

I am very curious what it is like to drive. Do you use the sequential version or the H-pattern? Are the straight-cut gears noisy? Do you actually dare to take it into town?

Any replies greatly appreciated.

Regards,

MDG.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You can dare to take it anywhere you would dare to take a skyline anyway, after all you still have a clutch pedal!!

Gear pattern is not H, it is back(up) forwards(down).
It is noisier than a standard box, but not much.
The changes are quicker and smoother.
Of course it has 6 gears.
It is much stronger than a standard box.

Some may think the enjoyment of driving the car is diminished as it almost changes gear for you but this is not true.
It certainly adds to the car.

I do not believe all Hollingers have the same quality of gear change but mine is ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, if its not inconvient, can i ask how much stick (max bhp) these hollinger boxes can take, i know their fairly poplular in australia,
hmm, im sure the main guy at middlehurst dealership got one in his skyline, and was wondering where would you be able to get one in the uk and for how much, (i assume lots for money)

Thx
ami

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pegleg,

Thanks for the info! This adds another mod to the dream specification of my Skyline.
This leaves with the minor problems of finding the cash, finding a car & get it into Holland...

Richie,

I'm from Tilburg.

SkylineFever,

You might want to check out this link:

http://www.pow.com.au/gearbox_pages.htm

Regards,

MDG.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
SkylineFever...not sure how much it goes for in the UK, but here in Japan its imported and sold by Tomei. It retails at 1.550.000 yen....could be cheeper in the UK maybe?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
MDG said:
Pegleg,

Thanks for the info! This adds another mod to the dream specification of my Skyline.
This leaves with the minor problems of finding the cash, finding a car & get it into Holland...

Richie,

I'm from Tilburg.

SkylineFever,

You might want to check out this link:

http://www.pow.com.au/gearbox_pages.htm

Regards,

MDG.
Thanks for the link.
By the way, I am from The Hague.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts