GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i currently have 615kw at all 4 wheels without nos using a old t88 and need a bigger turbo

i have looked at garret gt4508 and gt4202 witch is probably a bit small and have been offered at a great price a hx55 holset all i know about them after searching the net is that it flows 100lb and people are having great results with smaller ones (hx35 hx40)
i am temped to give it a go has anyone had any experience with this turbo or any advice as to its suitability?

my current setup is
2.9l
288 11 cams
wet 7 port nos
factory ecu (is 615kw some sort of record?)
trust 6 speed dog box
all other supporting mods

the car is used for drag only and weighs approx 1250kg

thanks for your help

·
Registered
265 Posts
well 100bls of air per min = approx to 1000hp but its at what pressure ratio that this turbo push its 100lbs that counts.. if its 100lbs/min at 4 pressure ratio it equal to 3 bar etc....

and if you need way more boost check out those ultra laggy hx83 ;)

so check out the turbo's map and then see how much boost you want to put in with what type of fuel because det is our enemy and your gonna figure it out if an hx55 is the right one for your setup

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If your running 615kw at the wheels, you must be already running close, if not more than 100lb flow, so it won't be a good idea to fit an HX55.

Secondly, if your running that power, surely 'good price' is very low on your radar when it comes to new turbo selection?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
83mm stroke - are you using an RD crank or something? Quite an interesting thing to do... reducing displacement for drag racing!

Have you verified its a 72mm HX55? There is a 67mm version which probably wouldn't suit your needs that well.... strictly speaking I'm not 100% sure if the 72mm would be an upgrade, depending on which T88 you have and also if there are other HX55 variants which I am unaware of.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Zillapuss, which 32 do you have, have you run it down the strip yet?
We recently ran a customers RB30 with a GT42 to over 1000whp without NOS and my own RB30 with GT45 has put out around 1400hp with a little squeeze so maybe the 42 or 45 would be OK for you, how much power you looking for?

Rob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a gt45 would be perfect and a gt42 would do..if anyone has a second hand one pm me
im still wondering about holsets hx60 perhaps

rob my 32 is the one below running for the first time with this setup in two weeks
just changing to q16 from c16 after the remap will i have to rejet my nos to suite the new fuel?

cheers

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
just changing to q16 from c16 after the remap will i have to rejet my nos to suite the new fuel?
Yeah, you'll need to check/rejet to suit.

How big is the shot you have in each fogger?

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts