GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is what happens when tyres go from 0-220mph in 1 second during the burnout :thumbsup:

No wonder my tyres don't last long :bawling:

Thanks to Chris Hollenback for the pictures.

Robbie.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
that looks the dog's robbie, i bet those tyres get pretty hot after that burnout.
gotta say the car looks really good with that ENORMOUS turbo hanging off the side of the car, well done and i hope the car run's good
what is the best time so far?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would imagen the fuel levels wouldn't be to far behind lol! Is it possible to get negative mpg?!
Fuel is actually the least of our worries, it uses a fraction over 1 liter of petrol per run.

that looks the dog's robbie, i bet those tyres get pretty hot after that burnout.
gotta say the car looks really good with that ENORMOUS turbo hanging off the side of the car, well done and i hope the car run's good
what is the best time so far?
Cheers mate, 7.41 and 176mph is the best so far but they were without the wing, really hoping to get down to around 7.2 @ 180 at the next proper competition meeting in 3 weeks, this weekend is a DYO meet which we usually tune for around 7.50-7.60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQqTCesxuQc

Robbie.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
that is a beautiful piece of engineering right there!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
kin' hell robbie, what does that feel like when you nail it and just shoot off the line like that?
i bet no road car will ever feel quick again to you;)
good work, keep us posted on your results please mate

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kin' hell robbie, what does that feel like when you nail it and just shoot off the line like that?
i bet no road car will ever feel quick again to you;)
good work, keep us posted on your results please mate
Best so far is 1.10 60ft which is 0-78mph in 1.1 seconds, average of 3.2g, peek of over 4g and 0-150mph in 4 seconds.

Honestly, it has spoiled it for me as far as street cars go, I nail a 800-1000hp car on the open road with passengers hanging on for dear life and making all sorts of silly noises and I wonder what all the fuss is about.:bawling:

One good thing that has come from it though is that I just don't feel the "need" to go fast on the street anymore, its not worth the risk for lots of reasons and it doesn't give the same buzz it might have years ago.

We're out again this weekend at a DYO meet so won't be going for super quick times, just see how the wing goes and be consistant.

Robbie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts