GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any policeman types looko away now.

No i don't condone this in anyway but I think at somepoint everyone gets curious. I was on the M4 yesterday morning doing about 80 in the outside lane when the numbnut BMW driver I was overtaking in the middle lane decides to speed up. At first I just speeded up gradually to overtake but he carried on so at 100mph (policeman type avert eyes now) I thought I wonder what would happen if I floored it bearing in mind the turbo was already and I was just over 4k rpm. Well I did and jesus it goes I think I was more suprised than the BMW numbnut.

I know it ain't a GTR but hell this thing is fast, 140mph before I knew it, lucky the motorway was empty:p

·
Registered
530 Posts
what surprises a numbnut BMW more is to come up behind them in the middle lane doing 140MPH with yer xenons burnin' his retinas.....................allegedly !!!
:D
Regards
wroestar

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he wanted to play with a Datsun:smokin:

·
Registered
549 Posts
be carefull about pressing the pedel any further, I decided to try the same the other day, early morning noone around not even any beemers, anyhow it went alot further than that at least 30mph more according to the speedo. Needless to say i absolutely c£$ped myself and slowed down alot after that.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Oh Yeah, these cars are fast, especailly when approaching the limiter in 5th.

BUT nothing puts you in your place like a Hyabusa with his front wheel 10" off the ground as he overtakes you and you know you have nothing left :D :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You are all right can vouch for bmw drivers have to work with them every day but sure enough gtss are quick good approaching rev limiter in 5th 170 ish they sound great at that speed,u just have to hang on cause things move bloody quick at that speed especially other cars feels like they are going bakwards

p.s jason u up for that drag at santa pod ???

lee

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Hi mate,

Get it on Friday, but it wont be 'show' ready until the end of next week as I need to MOT/register it etc.
Got to get a couple of scratches painted. Remove some of the stickers, fit clear indicators, induction kit and cat removal pipe. Its already booked in for a rolling road session in may!
I am very excited. I will contact you once I am ready and we can meet up.

Anthony.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lucky I didn't try it on my way down today. I was doing 90 in the middle lane when this Saxo slams the anchors on. I tried to swerve but a SAAB flew past in the outside lane. After a bit of swearing and denigration of french cars and their drivers I notice a traffic cop pull away from the hard shoulder.:eek: :eek: I tried to do the driving as if I never ever go over 70 routine in the middle lane and hunch down in the seat, like that'll work in a bright red car sounding like a Vulcan bomber. Luckily ar$e in the SAAB hasn't noticed and is still bombing off down the motorway at 100 so traffic plod ignores me and pulls him over.

All I can say is phew!! Still no points on the license:D

·
Registered
662 Posts
JasonO said:
BUT nothing puts you in your place like a Hyabusa with his front wheel 10" off the ground as he overtakes you and you know you have nothing left :D :D
Somehow, someday, I plan on being able to at least keep up with the fastest road bikes... My friend's GT-R can already eat R1s...

I hope that just keeping up with a bike should shock them enough that you wouldn't need to overtake to impress :D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah they don't do that in Milton Keynes. Usually if a bike passes you at speed with the front wheel 10 inches off the ground the rider passed you ar$e first about 5 seconds before, having skidded on the vast amounts of bus diesel on the roads :p

Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts