GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caved in today and took the car out for a quick blast up the Eaglesham moor and down the old A77. The cows in the field were the only ones to witness this. I reckon they were saying to themselves wtf was that :chuckle:

The power delivery was extreme. The kick and response is amazing and it feels so tight to the road as well. Loved it. Can't wait to get the arches done and the splitter attached so I can get it out more and join a few meets.

I am pretty happy with the performance, maybe a change of gear oil to slacken the changes but other than that, perfect.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
the shifts will ne notchy mate if its running redline heavyweight, it saves the box though.

did you get some speed logs from your ecu ?

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I haven't really messed with the link yet. Once I get out in the car a bit more I'll play around with it.
Doubt It was below 4 sec though as my 1st to 2nd change was poor but from then on all I can say is kaboom.

I have the Ulysse app which records real time runs via gps, would this count ?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
no I haven't really messed with the link yet. Once I get out in the car a bit more I'll play around with it.
Doubt It was below 4 sec though as my 1st to 2nd change was poor but from then on all I can say is kaboom.

I have the Ulysse app which records real time runs via gps, would this count ?

it will do for this thread mate :)

what is it a phone app you had running ?

stick the logs up in this thread :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll do proper test tomorrow then and post up the info. Might need to screen shot it though if it doesn't have an upload function.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just realised I had it medium boost. Stuck it on high boost. Mmm, tbh I didn't like it much on the road. I'll keep that setting for special occasions

·
Registered
252 Posts
Im another week or 2 as the engine has developed a small rattle from engine last week just before it was due for collection.
Jurgen says its from bottom end so it's gonna need new oil pump and bearings.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think im only covering the parts cost... he is doing the labour for nout.
Will be installing nissan oem oil pump and ACL race bearings.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I looked into it but i hear the Nissan N1 oil pump isnt much better than normal oem one??

As for the Nismo N1 pump, its coming up about £700ish where Jurgen gets his parts from.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Plan was to never go past 4-500hp at the max and most likely keep it twins.
It is immaculately clean so im just keeping it simple and keep onto of the condition so i can make my money back if i sell in few years time.
Yeh plates came in last week but now delayed for 2-3 weeks coz of this problem but dont mind waiting i guess since the weather has been rubbish lol.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well at least this problem was spotted before you picked it up. It will be better for it

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yup that's true so glad in a way.
Also with having a new oil pump and bearings fitted, i can look at it as a re-assurance and a good selling point in future :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts