GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son's EK9 for sale due to impending house purchase.

Honda Civic Type R EK9 RX

£6695

What a stunning and very very rare vehicle indeed.

Imported from Japan via Tegiwa Imports originally, this outstanding and extremely hard to source type RX is in immaculate condition throughout.

Enthusiast owned and maintained to the highest standard it has covered 96k miles from new and was manufactured in 2000 making it a very rare X registration.

The first Civic to receive the Type R badge was introduced in August 1997, as the EK9. The EK9 shared many characteristics with the Integra Type R DC2/ JDM DB8 such as omission of sound deadening and other weight-reduction measures, a hand-ported B16B engine, front helical limited-slip differential and close ratio gearbox etc.. The B16B engine boasted one of the highest power output per litre of all time for a naturally-aspirated engine with 185 PS (136 kW; 182 hp) from 1.6L of engine displacement. For the first time, a strategically seam welded monocoque chassis was used to improve chassis rigidity. The interior featured red seats, red door cards, red Type R floor mats, a titanium shift knob, and a Momo leather-wrapped steering wheel.

In addition to the standard type R specification the RX boasts a CD player, body coloured retractable electric door mirrors, power windows, auto air conditioning, key-less entry unlock system, aluminium sports pedals, and a carbon type center panel.

If you are seriously considering buying one of these EK9's then I presume you will have already done extensive research and realised that it is near impossible to find a totally pristine example in the UK....until now that is, this car will not disappoint in any way.

The current owner has spent thousands adding some very subtle but sensible modifications which have enhanced the specification greatly. No stupidly loud exhausts or engine modifications that could give problems later on, only the very best parts fitted from the renowned Spoon Sports range.

The following parts, all Spoon Sports have been fitted in the last 3 months.

Progressive Springs
Strut Tower Bar - Front
Strut Tower Bar - Rear
Sports Air Cleaner
Carbon Direct Flow
Tail Silencer N1
B16B Yellow Head Cover
Carbon Plug Cover
Oil Filler Cap
Baffled Oil Pan
High Tension Leads
Radiator Cap
Shift Knob - Duracon 5 speed
Reservoir Tank Cover Set
Magnetic Drain Bolt Set
Racing Plug Set no. 24

I absolutely guarantee you will not find another example in the UK that is as good as this car in terms of condition and provenance

Thank you for looking, you will not be disappointed if you come to view the car, it is located in Thetford, Norfolk.

Photos on the link below (my own website, this is a private sale)

Honda Civic Type R EK9 RX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts