GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
You earn more than enough with over a grand free cash (of which I presume your take home should be over 2k) and certainly can afford a GTR no problem. You could even afford the 2011/12 model next year!

However, it would be very costly if you are considering using it as a family car/commuting. It would be good if you can buy outright but finance/lease is not the root of all evil if you can find a good deal.

Sounds like you are pretty sorted financially and family wise so sometimes it's worth it to go after your dreams :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
- I'd do less than 10k miles p/y and I'd say at least 75% of the driving will be relatively steady given i may have the wife or kid with me. We also do a 2hr journey from milton keynes to yorkshire 1-2 times p/m to see family.

Seems that if i get a cheap family run around
Not sure about MY11+ but earlier GTRs lack insulation and sound dampening and it could get tad uncomfy for rear passengers on long journeys.

It's definitely fun for the driver but not sure about the rears. However if it's just 1/2 times/month I would think that'll be bearable :)

Not trying to slag the GTR but personally I would not run it as the sole family car. With your level of income you should be able to afford a second car for family duties :) I use the GTR for commuting/weekend fun/occasional jaunt with missus when kids at school etc but family bus for rest of the duties.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.