GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya Folks,

In two weeks time I am moving HK and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good Skyline garages there? I plan to buy a new GT-R as soon as possible. I have seen plenty of Evo's but no GT-R's but I was told that they exist their.

It looks like I will be their for a minimum of 6-months so it seems like a good time to buy a car and bring it back next year, has anyone ever shipped back a car from Hong Kong?

/Dan

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
hi Dan,

I expect it is not that different from importing rom japan. Since you are so "close" to the mother land:D I take it you will be buying directly from here?

Have a chat to michael from HK..I'm sure he can help

·
Registered
133 Posts
exporting GTR from hk.

hello dan,

welcome to hk.....

let's take dino's advice..... get one in jap. instead coz hk has very limited supply of GT-Rs.....i think less than a hundred (R34) ....and most people don't know how to fine tune a GT-R properly......

not sure bout the cost of shipping it back to belgium........hk imports cars mostly......hehehehehe

anyway, u can email me at [email protected] if u need further assistance.

u can take a look at this site for more info.
http://www.auto-one.com/ax/eng/

michael.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Japan Tuners

Okay I guess that settles it, I wanted somewhere that would tune it properly. Ideally I want a Mines or Nismo car. I will try to bribe Dino to take me to both tuning houses the next time I am in Tokyo.

Thanks for the info,

/Dan

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Dan,

I can only reccomend Mine's. They did some work on my car last weekend and I'm just so happy with the work they did. They really know what GTR are all about! Nismo is also good but cna be quite expensive at times. A combination of both is perfect!:)

Mine's is not in Tokyo its very close to Kamakura/Yokosuka

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nismo

I can highly recommend Nismo parts and service. Very high quality for both but (as DCD mentioned) they are a bit expensive relative to the other tuners (Mines/Impul/Top Secret, etc)..........

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
and I'll happily recommend Nismo, as long as your cheque book is up to it :D
They really are great guys, and when my car was having a few 'breathing' mods, they showed me their stock of prototypes and racers. I managed to sit in a 400R #001 and the 1999 Loctite JGTC R34 (although I could hardly get in this as it was set up for a 5'6 Japanese guy!).
They were going to let me drive the 400R but I was too scared of anything tragic happening. Tokyo taxi's are even worse than London or NYC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts