GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Pictures

I would really miss John Lowes godzilla pics but if they make the difference between the forum being up or down, we should try not to post them unless necessary!
Will try and find somewhere to put my piccys in future.
Dave

G

·
few ways to save bw that i use on the sdu forums
- use mod_gzip to compress all pages generated (only compresses the text but it still saves around 30% on average)
- turn off autodisplay of attachments, this way the pictures aren't loaded each time the thread is displayed. this saved a considerable amount of bw for us, and reduced the cpu load on the server quite a bit.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Savin' space

I'm already using mod_gzip :)

Just done the autodisplay thing... cheers

I'm also going to wind down the use of PM's ... starting by reducing the max allowed from 70 to 30.

Let's see how we do.

Cheers

·
Registered
905 Posts
I Must say it's very depressing with no Skyline Folkers to talk too!!:p

You ought to living with a woman who wants your car!!!!

Anyway I think i'm R32 up 2day, well better be anyway, so perhaps she'll stop goin on about Skylines!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
You guys should just chip in for the use of more bandwidth. Myself and another guy turned our 200sx BB into the BB for the newly started 200sx Owners Club and thus charged people for membership, which is paying for the BB as well as membership cards, tax disc holers, and URL car stickers. On top of this, we nogotiated deals with many tuning companies and suppliers for our members.

Oh yeah, our BB uses over 20GB a month!:eek: :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
chiping in

its worth it for this board !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts