GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
The horn on my 32GTR is not working, green wire not connected?

Had a look under the bonnet and traced a green wire from the top of the horn through to the drivers side of the bonnet release catch, where it T's off, the thin green wire is about 6 inch long and has a female end connector [looks like a double pin male end go's inside].

Where does it connect to ???

had a look all round that area and cant find it !

also - can you tell me where i can get a heat jacket for a hks T51R turbo's hot side?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
was the horn working before? When my horn went out, it was the relay itself that had just died.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hi all ,
The horn on my 32GTR is not working, green wire not connected?

Had a look under the bonnet and traced a green wire from the top of the horn through to the drivers side of the bonnet release catch, where it T's off, the thin green wire is about 6 inch long and has a female end connector [looks like a double pin male end go's inside].

Where does it connect to ???

had a look all round that area and cant find it !

also - can you tell me where i can get a heat jacket for a hks T51R turbo's hot side?
on my horn on the 32 its just a spade connector on the actual horn itself that the wire connects to, although my horns are aftermarket the wiring harness isnt, so should be same for yours? have a good look at the horn for a connector.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
ignore me, just re read the post lol.
iirc there is another connector where the powersteering cooler pipes go through, next to the drivers side headlight.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kismet : was working fine before went to garage for turbo+cam swap, then later noticed horn not working...so need to fix asap...

mava ; after a second check, i see the original nissan spec for r32/r33 gtr had 2 small circle horns, mine has a black single larger circle/snail shape look to it [sort of like a turbo compressor inlet]-- would this mean the other wire is not connected as redundent for 2nd horn - or does it go somewhere?

inside steering wheel under horn button there is a connector to horn button/spring, and a white cable that is pinned into an inside hole with a washer/screw,

kismet/mava - or anyone else...:-

can anyone help with pics of the horn and wiring? R32-GTR '92 model]

if all else fails, after i get another horn [e.g nissan primera or bmw] how would i hook this up?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also got a pocket 'multimeter':

[1] how many places do i / where do i hook this up?

[2] which unit for measurement setting on multimeter, what it should read?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
I just had to redo the wiring on my horn for MOT...as it decided not to work the moment i turned up there.
Firstly, remove your horn/s and put a couple of fresh connectors on and test them across a live and an earth somewhere. If the horns work, then its obviously somewhere from the relay to the connector.
There should be a fuse that feeds the relay..check that too. I ended up doing totally new wires once i established that the green wire (which was a barrel connection) was working fine.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
set the multi meter to closest thing above 12v dc (on mine its 20v) if your checking for power.
way the horn works is a live from the rely to the horn push button, which, when you press the button earths the circuit and clicks the relay over, then you will have another live from the relay to the horn.
as paul said, quickest way to test the horn is put a bit of wire from the + on battery to the horn connection (on the horn itself) it should sound.
mine does have 2 horns so the other connector does sound like the spare for the other missing one.
couple quick photos,
the relay you need to check is the one that ive removed, im sure you need to have the relay in though when checking for the live at the button side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts