GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking under the engine bay fuse box cover there is a socket wired up ready to use for a relay. On the underside of the cover this position is marked as HORN.
If I simply fit a relay to this socket are the two wires (one to each of the two standard horns) then protected by this new relay.

Finally where can I buy a relay with the correct positioned spade connectors that will fits straight in to the fuse box ?

Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
should already be into the relay, its a black one if i remember corectly also try a breakers yard as many of the nissans use the same relays, you have to make sure it is deffinatly the corect one though as the way its built inside can/will be different just have a look at the pics on the other relays to get an idea, but as said earlier it should already have a horn relay.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
also an the 33 i had it was one wire and the horns were in series you can check by tracing back the wire to the relay and taking a live and flashing it over the contact that goes to the horn

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mava
So there is normally a relay fitted as standard, Wonder why the relay is missing on my car. The standard twin horns worked fine, one separate wire going to each whilst earthed thru the horn body. I fitted new horns which obviously draw more amps so blow the 10 amp fuse each time. I need to put the relay back, so as you suggested will shop around for one. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts