GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live on the edge of woodland and our four dogs are often in the garden. I have 6ft fencing all the way around and they're never out there if we're not at home. If we're out they are in our locked kennels.

Occasionally they will bark at passers by. After all, it's their boundary. But the fence is 6-10ft away from the road, behind a hedge and brash. So you might get an earfull but it's not right in your face as it were. They don't bark at everyone, but they will bark if they see a dog. Particularly if it's running about and up to the boundary.

Anyway...total chaos outside Monday loads of racket and a woman screeching her head off. I go out and my dogs are barking at a spaniel and a woman is leading a horse. A car is waiting as the horse has obviously been spooked. I didn't even have a chance to enquire, I had full blast of lung shouting at me for around 2 minutes about how she was going to report my dogs. My dogs barking in my garden. Hmmn, OK. Off she trots. 10 minutes later she comes back, starts screeching again. Well, I defy any dog to not bark when such aggression is coming from the other side of the fence. I didn't shout back, didn't seem any point. Dogs made a racket though...

Since then she's been doing slow drive bys and death stares. Seriously, is this supposed to intimidate me? Then I notice shes got her dog hanging out of her car, barking specifically to wind mine up and is taking photos. Oh so that's it is it.

Some people FFS. Bloody entitled horseriders, if your horse can't cope with the odd dog barking from inside it's own garden don't ride on the road. Rant endeth!! Though I am sure she is trying to make trouble somewhere.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
15,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure, LOL. Cyclists in the countryside is a whole new thread....!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Horse riders - generally grubby people who spend more on their smelly 4 legged friends than they do themselves and also seem oblivious to the opposite sex as they spend so much time and energy on their animals. Clearly a case of sexual frustration, this woman is crying out for some action if all that pent up aggression is any kind of indication. I think I'm right with this:)

·
Super Moderator
15,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've put up a couple of covert cameras. Thought I'd see if I can get her epic temper to go viral, lol

·
Registered
930 Posts
You are required to have insurance for horses in public as far as I know. We certainly do for ours but ours can take dogs barking, motorbikes, police sirens etc as they are city horses not country ones.
That woman sounds like a female dog herself! Don't take her crap Toni! Tell her if she keeps harassing you you will seek a non molestation order as her stalking is causing you anxiety.
As for cyclists... Empty cycle lane today but one dick that needed to cycle on the inside lane of the A4 in rush hour! Death wish dick!

·
Super Moderator
15,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's my contention really - if your horse can't deal with dogs barking behind a fence, what would it do if it met one in the road? I know my guys can make a racket but that is all they can do, they can't get out. I live in the country so I want the pikeys to know they can't just walk in. As I say it's not everyone they bark at either, mainly other dogs!

I haven't seen her again, perhaps she's got some sensible second thoughts.:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
15,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think she is, just a snotty self-entitled middle class middle aged woman. Plenty of them about...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I ride horses all three of mine are 100% with dogs after all in a hunt you would be surrounded by them all barking and carrying on. I had a problem with someone who did not like my GSDs barking in my back garden but there is not much people can do about it, I had a visit from the environmental agency but when they found out I would not take advice from their dog expert they gave up. The guy next door was making them bark throwing stuff over making noise by the fence etc https://flic.kr/p/22oVEZJ

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
tell her to trot off. I am quite horse friendly but if a horse isn't bullet proof on the road then it shouldn't be there.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
15,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL yes she disappeared. Must've got over it, I never heard a thing.

Though I slightly suspect she had a hard job reporting anything as we are on the boundary of three District Councils and would've been bounced around anyway. ha ha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts