GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of improving the look of my engine bay.
I know I can buy replacement colour coded hoses but they seem very expensive for what they are - IMHO.
I have also seen (in Halfrauds) a set of braided hose covers. Lots of different shapes & sizes which you slip over the existing pieces.
Has anyone got these on their car, or seen any examples of them in situ please ?
Do they look the biz., or do they look like they belong on a chav chariot ?
All thoughts, good & bad; are welcomed.
Ian.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Dont do it. By your own admission your trying to improve the look of your engine bay--this will make it look cheap and nasty...my opinion only though..

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
When I was building my engine up, I spent a small fortune on proper braided hoses. I was a bit annoyed that one of the hoses I needed to replace was going to be way too costly, and I bought an overbraid kit.

The overbraid on that one hose, just never looked right, and I now run with the a nasty piece of plain hose in this position. It doesn't look good, but it's honest. :D

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jason,
I know this sounds cheeky.
I asked for your advice & you've kindly given it, and now I'm going to question it !!
Do you think the overbraided hose looked worse because it was sat there in direct comparison to the proper ones ??

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I'm overly finnicky when I do things, and like to spend the time to get it realy right. Problem was, no matter how I tweeked it, it just never really looked the part.

Yes, the hundreds of pounds of real stuff was definately showing it up, but it just doesn't look right anyway.

Clean the original hoses, using loads of hot water and soap, then give them a good going over with some cocpit shine, for them looking their very very best.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers mate.
Thanks for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts