GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently discovered that my Apexi turbo timer harness (which plugs right into the ignition key wiring under the dash) gets rather hot at both connectors when the car is switched on. They're not so hot that they're melting or too hot to touch, but they are definitely several degrees above merely "warm". This doesn't strike me as particularly normal, for connectors to be acting as resistors. Any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
remember if it's spliced into the ignition harness which will be drawing a lot of current, what thickness is the wire to and from your turbo timer, the cables should be at least as the original harness wires going into the ignition connector..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the wiring harness seems to be the same gauge as the original wiring, and it's the Apexi-supplied harness (to match the R32). I just hope it doesn't melt one day....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hello, I have seen this problem with the std apexi harness before on my mates evo, the solution was to use a HKS harness as it has slightly thicker wires. (connections are the same.)

I would keep an eye on it, as his apexi his harness melted.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top