GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this was your car? This was posted on facebook by the shop tuning my car.

and what would you do about it?

My car is no show queen but the roof has the nicest paint on the car.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
What are those, Concrete slabs?

I would go crazy and if the paint work is damaged, have them pay for it!! If that's is concrete slabs then it's a dumb thing to do to a customers car!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The language barrier doesn't make it easy. Plus he still has the car and I would rather bring this up during the final bill negotiation. He is also out of the country right now.

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
Looked at this on my iPhone as you can scale the photo up and it certainly looks like two pieces of wood. Regardless of what it is, they're in the wrong for putting something on your roof, end of. Even if it is foam though, it will have dirt and grit embedded in it which will scratch the paint.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
I have seen this kind of neglect at tuners in the UK also. Which is why I am nervous of trusting anyone to work on my car.

My race car which was recently painted, had 2 or 3 chips taken from the paint through neglect. Of course they knew nothing about it, but it was them I gave to do some work, yet when I got it from the paint shop it was spotless.

I promptly took my car away from them and took it elsewhere.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looked at this on my iPhone as you can scale the photo up and it certainly looks like two pieces of wood. Regardless of what it is, they're in the wrong for putting something on your roof, end of. Even if it is foam though, it will have dirt and grit embedded in it which will scratch the paint.
+1

Also looked at this on my iPhone, deffo looks like wood when you zoom in.

Wood, foam, stone or metal, either way it shouldn't be on the roof of your car, customers cars should be treated with the utmost of care.

Ricky

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Do the garage a favour and name them -I am sure they will be inundated with bookings after all there mostf us that would like random bits of wood put on our roof when our car is being worked on.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Is that a lift the car is sitting on?

Would be relatively furious about it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
It may be foam to stop the car hitting the ceiling when lifted up using the ramp.
Either way not a good idea.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Oh dear.
don't go in a war,tell them you not happy about it let them finish however they doing and then don't use them anymore.
after all that let us know the garage name.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Luckily i trust most people that work on my car and KNOW them personally (Apart from Ron @ RK who has such a good reputation but you can't help but trust him!)

My rule is you bend it you mend it. This applies to ALL circumstances, but do wait untilt he work is complete on your car!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts