GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Weridly enough I just read about Lotus being involved in the design 5mins ago, the offical brouchure says so so it must be true!

·
Registered
942 Posts
i think in the top gear episode where clarkson cricks his neck he says that lotus were involved in development of the handling characteristics

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
"secretly developed the chassis"

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Fuggles and I visited the UK design studio with my 35. It was the first production car they had seen. We met lots of people that worked on it and I have a nice drawing on my wall I can't talk about :)

it was written up in a 2008 editon of skylines magazine

·
6,821 Posts
The good thing about major japanese performance cars from the past 20years is that the japanese core tech-industry was ignored by the automakers when it came to produce state of the art parts for the "made in japan" perf. cars.

Japan is soooooo protectionist and conservative that they prefer die while trying , rather then outsourcing aboard and letting somebody do the job with the needed experience.

GETRAG, PRODRIVE, LOTUS, RECARO, ex . . . have allways been able to win the battle against jap. domestic parts makers on japan territory. (considering that many cars like the Skyline GTRs have been made for japan only). . .which is a very heavy thing to swallow for the japanese industry.

So no wonder the Nissan GTR, being now total internationaly sold, features more of these quality parts. (they just seem to have forgotten to ask GETRAG for the mission . .lol:D )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts