GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start by apologising about the name, all the usernames I usually use were taken. hence Hedge Fund. That's what I work with, not what I've got. I would appreciate some advice on which car to buy(32/33/34). I would like a daily driver that is capable of (top speed not important) spanking everything onthe M-way as I have had enough of 'jonny mondeo' wanting a race.Currently I have an Opel Manta(Beautiful but fond of going sideways!)with the 2.5V6 engine from a Cavalier. The budget is between 12-15k, and I would like to be able to put the foot down with confidence. Ideally I would prefer an R34, but I realise that may be beyond the budget I have...

All comments gratefullly received

(Oh, and any mods that are present I would like to Know about, like who did it etc etc)

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
£12-15k and you are looking at an R33 GTR V-Spec. Look for one with Stage 1 mods ~400+hp. Be wary that the suspension isn't too hard if uprated.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Skyline prices vary to be honest.

You could pay up to 12k on an R32 GTR and pay the same for an R33 GTR. But if you still want a RWD car than its possible to get an R34 GTS if you can stretch your budget by another 3Kish. If you want an R32 or R33 GTS then the price is lower so you will have more budget to mod/service/insurance etc

Good luck with the find

:)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
don't mess around with GTS....go for the GTR and the 4WD. Essential for getting perfect launches every time. Got spanked tonight in a GTS by an Infiniti G35, of all cars, when I buggered the launch and spun uselessly off the line. God....just 2-3 more weeks until my GTR is back in action.

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
I don't think he'll be doing many launches on the motorway

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Got spanked tonight in a GTS by an Infiniti G35, of all cars

Thats because the standard engine for all models of the G35 remains a 3.5L V6 engine, producing 280-hp on the Base model with five-speed automatic transmission and 298-hp on the 6MT model with six-speed manual transmission.

Your GTS is only a 2 litre doing far less on the BHP scale :rolleyes:

Plus you probably need launching lessons by the sound of it :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Being in the somewhat advantageous (or disadvantageous, depending on how you look at it) position of owning both an R32 GT-R and an R33 GTS-T with similar >400bhp power outputs I would say: it all depends: GTS has more usable torque at sensible RPM and is easier to live with on the motorway. The GT-R is more of a high-rpm motor, and therefore needs more box-stirring. The GT-R definately has more low-speed/high-power traction courtesy of the ATTESSA, but I hardly ever use this... I also find the GT-R to understeer more than the GTS (which only really does oversteer LOL)

Horses for courses: RWD or 4WD? Torque or revs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts