GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at many standard and tuned GT-R engine bays it's evident that some people let there's slip... I have a habit of keeping baby wipes in the car as there all round great for general interior, exterior and engine bay cleaning..

Every now and again it's a good idea to carefully put a rag around the engine bay..

I wonder how many of us would be proud to post engine bay pictures, dirty or clean..!:thumbsup: image.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twins...! Ha that's good as I know yours is new and I like the fact that mine, although a Litchfield forged engine looks very standard...!

There must be more engine bay pictures to post...!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I also take great pride in keeping my engine bay clean, a bit of carbon too ;)
Don't know how to post pics though :bawling:
Ps Daniel your engine bay is mint

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Posting pictures...

I also take great pride in keeping my engine bay clean, a bit of carbon too ;)
Don't know how to post pics though :bawling:
I go advanced click on the paper clip, download picture then back to reply post, paper clip again... Attach attach attach appears on the screen... I don't think this is the bast way but the only way I know.... :runaway::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
These bays must be properly easy to keep clean. If they are dirty then that is just sheer laziness. :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks Daniel I've been told so many different methods but yours is so simple even for me :thumbsup:
The above was just a test pic I'll load one up of my engine bay soon :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Daniel I've been told so many different methods but yours is so simple even for me :thumbsup:
The above was just a test pic I'll load one up of my engine bay soon :clap:
Trust me, I stumbled across this method.. As I am computer illiterate..

Nice looking Engine bay.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
When I bought mine a year ago, the engine bay looked spotless. I don't know whether the dealers had cleaned it up or not, but a year on it looks exactly the same and I haven't touched it in that time. It just doesn't seem to get dirty at all, though the car is garaged which I've always found helps.

When we sold my wife's S2000 after 5 years, the engine bay looked like new and it had never been cleaned, either. I don't know how people get them dirty?!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Chris Griffiths of Griffiths Detailing did my car about nearly a year ago now. The engine bay is still clean as a whistle pretty much and I havnt touched it since then.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Yep,when I wash and clean mine (every week) I clean all the door shuts, around the fuel filler Boot and bonnet and of course the engine bay, she is 6 years old and probably looks better than when she was new - that's also why my 16 year old R33 look brand new !!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts