GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought i had all the common problems with the GTR covered before looking to buy this year and now ive come accross alot of threads about people complaining about bubbling paint near door sills, wing mirrors rear quater on here and gtrlife.

Really getting disheartened about buying one, sure a Litchfield warranty Will take care of the mechanical wellbeing of the car but now theres concern with the really shitty paint quality not to mention headlights, sound system, instrument cluster.

Yes it's covered for 5 years, but ask Eandy how that went with Nissan for him!

Can see why its half the price of a Porsche Turbo when the build quality is twice as bad and Dealer support horrendous.

FFS nissan! Rant over!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
It's a jap car. Never been known for too paintwork.

I stayed away from black for that reason. Grey doenst show up any chips etc as much as the other colours

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I've never seen bubbling paint on a factory finish, seen it plenty of times on resprayed panels though. I'd be amazed if factory finished GT-R paint is bubbling, but I'm prepared to be amazed if owners can prove it hasn't been resprayed. Saw the other thread just now and thought perhaps the panel's been resprayed without the current owners knowledge, then saw this thread.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Look around where the wing mirror meets the door. I had bubbling on both sides. It's a common problem with the GTR and Nissan know about it. Had my old car done under warranty.

If it wasn't under warranty it would have cost maybe a couple of hundred quid to sort out. Big deal.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Op mate, don't think you can say porker has twice the build quality. Many of us came from porkers me included, 996 turbo for three years and the GT-R easily matches that for quality/reliability thus far (had my GT-R for two years).

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I have a small bit under the drivers door mirror, don't have faith in the nhpc's to farm it out to their local bodyshops to fix (reading the bodge jobs here). Will fix it when I get the stonechips done.. Just need to find a reputable place that can dismantle a gtr properly. Then get it wrapped!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts