GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a R32 1991 Silver GTR with 75,000miles on the clock.

Supposed to be running at around 350bhp but hasnt been dyno'd yet.

Just wanted to know how I can get 400bhp from this monster engine. :D

The cars engine mods are:

Blitz Airfilter's
Dump Valve
De-cat
Exhaust System
Spitfire Coils (dont know what these are?)
Sparker Kit (Again dont know what these are?)

I have been told the boost and the ECU are totally standard.

Is the car safe to run on 400bhp? I've been told this is the max you can go without upgrading to steel turbos.

How much would this cost?

My max budget would unfortunatly be £1,000 :mad:

For now!!! :)

Help appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
downpipes
cams
1 bar boost
stage 1 chip - although a power fc will be better and produce more power.

400bhp in my opinion is the most your likely to reach without changing the turbos or having them rebuilt.

·
Registered
930 Posts
wouldnt have thought cams were necessary :S
I was making 377fwhp on 0.9 bar with a stock ecu, boost controller, apexi filters, downpipes, exhaust and decat.....now i have tein lowering springs im sure that must bump it up to 400bhp lmao :D:D:D

(on a serious note i think with my mines stage 1 ecu and running a full 1bar boost i would be squeezing 400bhp's boobie)

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,028 Posts
My old R33 GT-R was 320bhp @ hubs with only a complete Weldina exhaust system, Apexi filters and a 1 bar Abbey Motorsport ECU.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
not sure about the 1K limit.

I guess if you werer clever about it you could do it on a budget.

downpipes - £200
cams - buy second hand for £400 (fit yourself)
1 bar boost - have the restrictor drilled out when setting the car up on dyno
stage 1 chip - mines vx rom - £100 second hand
dyno time - £100 / £150

You may be able to do it for less than £1K (some cars wont make the power with these mods - koopa is lucky to make that power with the mods he has assuming the dyno figure is accurate).

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
one other thing - if you only have £1K then pucker up for a shock when it breaks. especially the clutch.

regarding the cams. Might be worth while fitting the other stuff without the cams, seeing what power you make and seeing if your happy with that. A bar of boost, downpipes, filters, decat etc can easily put a big smile on your face!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
with what he already has id take it to RK tuning like i did with my old R32 and get him to fit his stage 1 chip £250, get a boost controller off ebay £200 and get Ron to fit it £80ish no need for dyno time as ECU is already setup. you should see 380-400bhp with that, get downpipes aswell to make sure but your stil under £1k budget.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much power do you think my car should be running with the following mods???

Blitz Airfilter's
Dump Valve
De-cat
Exhaust System
Spitfire Coils (dont know what these are?)
Sparker Kit (Again dont know what these are?)

???

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
311whp at 7000 rpm (more at 7500 I'm if I/tuners won't so chicken/safe) and that with only 0.85 bar(!), Apexi PFC, mad exhaust, cat still on and standard air intake and filter :eek: .

1.0 bar, no cat and better air intake would easily see 400bhp but I wasn't willing to chance 1 bar on old std turbos (60,000 miles) and old injectors and neither were Gt-Art.

Mine should be about 380/390bhp at the moment if you add the usual 70hp to the whp figure.

If I was getting anything done it would be steel 360 internals, 1.2 bar, decat, bigger injector, EGT gauge and better air intake and I would hoping for 380/390+whp giving a SAFE(!) 450+bhp.

I reckon 450 to 500bhp is the limit for good/safe/practical road driving on a turbocharged car.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Alan said:
Forget the cams, mine makes 411bhp without the engine being opened, just intake, exhaust, remap ECU and 1bar boost. :D

Best regards Alan

Is that all!:p Mine made 429bhp, with standard engine internals/turbos, HKS F Con V Pro, hard pipe kit, exhaust and filters and running @ 1 bar:D

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
knight said:
Is that all!:p Mine made 429bhp, with standard engine internals/turbos, HKS F Con V Pro, hard pipe kit, exhaust and filters and running @ 1 bar:D

I think the F con gave you the advantage mate, at least it proves you do not have to open the engine to get 400+

·
Registered
298 Posts
to get your satisfaction, i think the first mod is your car ECU. my gtr was running with Fcon v pro and 650cc injectors with 1bar i got 394hp on wheels hours power. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts